•𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14

Start from the beginning

"Come on, Ron, beathe."

Tears began slipping down Charlotte cheeks as Ron went completely limp and pale, she sniffled as she had hought he died, but he made her jump when he sat up and began coughing.

Harry and Charlotte both breathed out in relief and Lottie rubbed Ron's back as he looked bewildered and tired. He mumbled out to them before sighing and laying back down in exhaustion.

"These girls, they're gonna kill me."

It was now the next day and they are currently in the Hospital Wing. Both Hermione and Ginny were notified as they joined the trio.

Hermione sat at one side and Charlotte sat at the other, watching as Madam Pomfrey went back and forth making sure he was alright. McGonagall came in with Dumbledore, Snape and Slughorn and they all looked at Ron. Dumbledore stated.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar."

Charlotte quietly scoffed and hissed out whilst looking to Slughorn and glaring.

"Yeah, and what did the Potions teacher do? Oh, yeah, sat on his arse whilst watching as my brother nearly died?"

Slughorn avoided eye contact and Dumbledore continued.

"You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

Slughorn must have been zoning out as he let out a "hm?" before responding.

"Oh yes, very proud."

Charlotte rolled her eyes and kept her focus on Ron as McGonagall spoke up.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic, fhe question is, why were they necessary?"

Dumbledore agreed and looked to Slughorn before walking over to him.

"This appears to be a gift, Horace, you don't remember who gave you this bottle?"

Dumbledore sniffed the opening of the bottle and continued.

"Which, by the way, possess remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry.. when not polluted with poison."

Dumbledore handed the bottle to Snape and Snape looked at it wearily, Slughorn sighed before announcing.

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself."

Dumbledore asked curiously.

"To whom, might I ask?"

Snape sniffed the bottle as well and grimaced, Slughorn reluctantly answered.

"To you, Headmaster."

There was a bit of silence until the screeching voice of Lavender came.

"Where is he?"

Lottie sighed and muttered loudly for everyone to hear.

"Oh, god, here she comes."

Harry snickered and Charlotte winced at Lavender's whiny voice.

"Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?"

She pushed her way to the bottom of his bed, but paused when she saw Hermione. She then asked in confusion.

"What's she doing here?"

Hermione stood up and exclaimed quietly.

"I might ask you the same question."

Lavender defended herself.

"I happen to be his girlfriend."

Hermione leaned forward and retorted.

"I happen to be his.. friend."

Lavender scoffed and stated snarkily.

"Don't make me laugh, you haven't spoken in weeks, I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting."

Charlotte turned her head to Lavender in anger. How dare she say that?! Hermione exclaimed.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting."

Charlotte smirked to herself, but jerked her head towards Ron when he began moving his head and trying to speak. Lavender stepped closer and acknowledged.

"Ah, see? He senses my presence, don't worry, Won-Won, I'm here."

They watched as he managed to croak out some words.

"Her..mione, Hermione."

The smirk appeared again as Charlotte looked at Lavender's crestfallen face, she frantically turned around and began sobbing as she ran off. Lottie smirked at Hermione as she sat back down and held his hand, she peeked a look at Harry to see him smirking as well. Dumbledore murmured wisely.

"Oh, to be young and to feel love's keen sting, well, come away, everybody, Mr Weasley is well tended."

Charlotte patted Ron's other hand and stood up before moving away from the bed and Harry's hand encased into Lottie's. She gave him a soft smile as he squeezed her hand. Lottie looked to her best friends and teasingly asked.

"About time, don't you think?"

Harry smiled and nodded, Ginny left the room along with the teachers and Harry and Charlotte stood watching Hermione as she blushed lightly, she must have felt someone staring, because she looked at the two smirking faces and shook her head.

"Oh, shut up."

Charlotte giggled lightly and Harry pulled her away so they could leave them to themselves.