•𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12

Start from the beginning

Charlotte cleared her throat awkwardly and Harry rubbed his neck in embarrassment, Ron lightly smiled at them and Lottie realized he had a tray of mince pies in his hands. He offered some to Harry, but he politely declined, causing them to sit in painful silence. Charlotte tried not to laugh when Ron just picked up a mince pie and began to eat it.

It was getting late, so Charlotte said goodbye to Remus and Tonks before going for a shower, once she was done, she got changed into her PJ's, slippers and wrapped her dressing gown around her body. She then exited the bathroom and went up the stairs, only to be met with Harry.

"Hiya."

Harry stared at her before replying.

"Hi."

Charlotte lightly smiled and glanced at his feet to see his shoelace was undone, she announced as she pointed down to them.

"Your shoelace is undone, you doofus. You could have tripped and faceplanted, and as much as I would love to see that, I don't want you to hurt that handsome face of yours."

Harry looked down and Charlotte stepped forward before squatting down and tying them up for him. She didn't think twice as to why he was wearing shoes inside.

When Charlotte stood back up, she didn't notice how close they were until, she became face to face with him. They were so close and Charlotte looked into his eyes as he glanced down at her lips before looking at her. She muttered out to him.

"Merry Christmas, Harry."

Harry blinked and replied back.

"Merry Christmas, Lottie."

They were about to lean in when they heard a whoosh sound and a bright flash, they both looked to the window and saw that there was fire flying towards the house. Charlotte gasped loudly and then gasped again when she saw Bellatrix appear. Harry quickly grabbed Lottie's hip and stepped around her, and towards the stairs.

He jumped down them and Charlotte ran after him, she got downstairs and saw that he was running out of the house, her eyes widened and she ran after him, Remus tried to stop her, but she avoided him and jumped through the gap of fire. She could hear someone behind her and she guessed it was Remus because Tonks shouted his name.

Charlotte ran through the thick grass shouting Harry's name, she couldn't see him because the grass was tall and overgrown, she whipped out her wand just in case there were some unexpected visitors, and she was glad she did because a whoosh of black zoomed around her and she knew that it was a death eater. She just didn't know who.

The fact that it was dark outside as well, did not help in the slightest, but knowing that Harry was chasing after a psychopath, didn't sit well with Charlotte. Not one bit.

Lottie came to a stop at a massive puddle and called out Harry's name, she turned around and there was Fenrir Greyback smirking at her, she scowled and pointed her wand at him, she was about to cast a spell when Harry suddenly appeared and jumped in front of her, stupifying Greyback. Greyback, however, deflected the spell and then disappeared, they watched as he flew away, but still kept caution around them. The only thing you could hear was Charlotte and Harry's heavy breaths and sudden footsteps.

Charlotte gripped Harry's arm and jumped when she heard her father's voice shouting for them.

"Charlotte! Harry!"

Lottie was distracted for a few seconds before spells began flying at them, Harry and Charlotte defended themselves and Lottie nearly slipped, but, however, managed to find her grip.

As they kept defending themselves, Charlotte could hear her dad still shouting for them, Lottie started to panic, but then calmed down when they arrived, they all stood back to back, fighting the Death Eaters.

The spells stopped coming, and they stood in silence, looking around to see if they could see the Death Eaters, but they must have got bored, because the next thing Charlotte knew, is that they were flying away.

Charlotte sighed in relief, but then her heart dropped when the Burrow suddenly went up in flames. Arthur muttered about Molly and they immense set off running as fast as they could toward it.

When they got there, Charlotte skidded to a halt when she saw everyone standing outside watching as the fire spread. Ginny passed Lottie her cat and Ron wrapped his arms around Charlotte and cried as they watched the place they call home, burn down. They did try to use Aguamenti, however. But it, unfortunately, did not work.