107. Sarah Grace pt. 2

Börja om från början

I still remember holding Sarah Grace in the new rocking chair for the first time. She looked so tiny. I sang to her so many times in this chair, helping her to fall asleep or calm down after being upset. As I sat in the rocking chair that was now five years old, I thought back on all of this, and started to silently cry. A tear must have fallen on Sarah Grace because she woke up.

"What's wrong Daddy?" She asked while looking tired.

"You just keep growing up and it makes me sad. I want you to stay little forever." I said.

"But I can't do that. Harry Potter probably could do it though." She said. I laughed and wiped some tears away with one hand and kept my other arm wrapped around my daughter, holding her securely.

"You always know how to put a smile on my face. Did you know that?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No. How do I do that?" She said and asked. I smiled as I brushed a stray hair out of her face.

"Well, you like to make Harry Potter references. And, you like to give me hugs and kisses, and cuddles, which I love. Just seeing you happy, or giggle or laugh or smile makes me smile, because your happiness is my happiness too." I said. She smiled at me.

"You're one of my favorite people Daddy." She said.

"Thank you honey. You're one of my favorite people too. Now, what do you want to do with one of your favorite people - me - today?" I asked.

"I want to go for a walk." She said. Her and my Rosie girl have always loved walks.

"Do you want to go for walks in the park?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Yes please." She said. I smiled.

"You're so polite." I said. She smiled at me as she wriggled herself off of my lap and onto the floor.

"What am I going to wear?" She asked while looking at her dresser.

"You sound just like your mother, but that's a good thing." I said with a chuckle. Sarah Grace giggled.

"I want to wear something pink." She said. I put my hands on my hips as I looked around at her clothes.

"You always wear pink. How about we mix it up a bit?" I said and asked. She nodded.

"Okay Daddy." She said. I smiled at my little girl.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked, squatting down in front of her.

"Yeah." She said. I kissed her forehead.

"Never stop calling me Daddy. I'm always going to be your Daddy. Even if you hate me for some reason, I'm still going to be your Daddy." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Okay Daddy." She said. I stood back up and looked through her clothes.

"What about this?" I asked, holding up a shirt that was beige that looked almost like it was knitted. She nodded.

"I like that one." She said. I helped her put it on and then she put on black leggings. Gosh she's her mother's daughter. Always stylish. How can a five year old be so stylish? I was in a white t-shirt and jeans. I put on a baseball cap and her and I went downstairs. I immediately saw my wife.

"Hey there gorgeous." I said. Y/n smiled at me and blushed.

"Hi handsome. Wow! Look at you Sarah, you look better than I do!" Y/n said looking at me and then at Sarah Grace. Sarah Grace giggled. I call Sarah by her first and middle name, hence the Sarah Grace, but otherwise she goes by Sarah. I leaned over and whispered in Y/n's ear.

"No one looks better than you do." I said, causing my wife to blush.

"So what are you two doing today?" Y/n asked.

"We're going to the park today Mommy!" Sarah Grace said while jumping up and down. Y/n and I laughed.

"Well I hope you guys have fun. I'll see you when you get back, okay?" Y/n said and asked. Sarah Grace nodded. I took my daughter out to the car and helped to buckle her in. We drove to the big park with the mansion on it and walked around for a bit. Afterwards, Sarah Grace was tired, so her and I took a nap in mine and my wife's bed. I wasn't too tired, so although I did nap for a little bit, it was my daughter that did most of the napping. I must have fallen asleep again because suddenly I felt someone pounce on me. I jumped and opened my eyes to see Sarah Grace on me.

"Huh? What's going on honey?" I asked in a panic. Was something wrong?

"Hi Daddy. You were sleeping so I wanted to wake you up." She said.

"Oh honey, please don't do that again, you scared Daddy." I said. She started to cry. Oh no.

"I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't mean to scare you." She said. Y/n came running up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

"I was sleeping and she jumped on me to wake me up so it scared me and now she feels bad." I said while pulling Sarah Grace in for a hug.

"I'm sorry Daddy." Sarah Grace said again.

"It's okay. You just scared me a little, that's all." I said, trying to calm her down. She cuddled up to me and I moved to the middle so Y/n could get in on the other side of me. Jake and Rose were at friend's houses. Y/n smiled at me as she put her head on my chest, her arm wrapping around me and resting below her chin.

"I love you Shawn." Y/n said.

"I love you too, and I love you Sarah Grace." I said, but they were both already asleep. I am one lucky man.