Chapter 181 The Hardest Night

As the fire rain ceased, the earth fell back into darkness, and the sword light disappeared. Aside from the buzzing of bugs, there was no sound from the cloaked figure.

The people in the town looked at each other: was it finally over?

They couldn't help but sigh in relief; perhaps with that man dead, the bugs would gradually disperse.

Just as they were thinking...

suddenly, the light rose again!

Liu and others jumped up from the tower, the sword light piercing through the layers of darkness. It seemed the cloaked figure was pushed to the bottom by a dense swarm of bugs.

Even in that situation, He was still alive!

Could the dark warrior be so powerful?

The tension among the people tightened again;

however, a sudden appearance of a "monster" shattered their previous thoughts. The appearance of the "monster" dispelled their doubts.

"Purple, purple, purple, purple, Purple Flame Demon Insect." Wang sat on the ground, trembling, pale as a corpse, muttering.

The distinctive features of the Purple Flame Demon Insect were easily recognizable, even to those who had only heard of it in legends.

There were rumors that no one could kill this demon alone, except for one person in the West who allegedly killed one. But those were just rumors, and in Jingling City, rumors were as common as the wind. There was even a rumor that someone in Jingling City had made some "deal" with the Bug King.

The people on this floor were all low-ranking figures in Jingling City; Liu and the others had only obtained guns less than a month ago, while Edgar and the researchers were on the outskirts of the research department, not even understanding the dark warrior. Let alone higher secrets.

So when they confirmed that it was indeed the Purple Flame Demon Insect, they all avoided the windows, afraid of being noticed by the demon. They sat in silence, eyes wide with fear, not daring to ask if the cloaked figure outside would live or die.

Even the most worried Wang, who was concerned that the hooded man would not die, tightly closed his mouth.

The answer had already become a foregone conclusion in everyone's heart, but each person's reaction varied.

After a while, it seemed to have calmed down outside, with only the intermittent sound of insects running around.

Liu awkwardly tried to find a topic, saying, "Yang, still driving people away?"

He seemed to have forgotten that he didn't actually agree with Yang Dong's suggestion just now. His words slipped out and he felt a bit regretful, but he was very surprised at why he said what Yang Dong should have said inadvertently.

"Ah!" Yang Dong was shocked by the conditionally shot, muttering, "Wait. Wait for the insects to retreat and see if that person is really dead."

One in a million chance. If the hooded man is not dead, the men driven away can only bring disaster upon themselves. That is, letting this extremely strong man know from these men that they still have food. If he wants to come and take it, with just his three broken guns, he wouldn't even have the qualification to scratch an itch.

"He's not dead yet? Yang, are you kidding me!? You've been predicting that he won't survive!" Wang said somewhat excitedly, as if pleading for Yang Dong to change his mind. Pronouncing that the hooded man outside was undoubtedly dead was seemingly the only way to give him a bit of a sense of security, so that he would think the insects wouldn't follow the hooded man into the building.