Chapter 92 Power Struggle

The little girl was wearing an adult-sized down jacket, which was a common silver-gray color. The clothes had several long tears, and the feathers inside struggled to show through, appearing gray and dull.

The zipper of the down jacket was broken, and a rope was used as a makeshift button, but it was not secure. The clothes were a bit long, dragging to her knees, revealing only her calves and a pair of feet. One shoe was a worn-out gray sports shoe, and the other was a slightly larger red shoe.

Perhaps because the two shoes had different heights, the little girl seemed a bit unnatural when walking.

She stood nervously in front of Andrew, as if afraid of being exposed.

But her eyes blinked without ceasing, fixed on the Con-gee in Andrew's hands.

"Well, come and try it." Andrew suddenly thought of the pitifully dead little girl in the car in the sea of corpses. His heart trembled, and he handed her the bowl. Anything he said would be redundant. The little girl's eyes were filled with endless longing and hunger.

She seemed not to have heard Andrew's words and stood still without moving.

"Try it..."Andrew forced a smile.

"Ah!" The little girl looked at the porridge Andrew handed over, as if startled. She finally heard it clearly and raised the hand hidden in the long sleeve, about to catch the bowl of leftover porridge, but then withdrew it stiffly.

"Uncle, you can eat a little bit and let me taste the rest." The little girl hesitated and said timidly.

"Uncle is not hungry, you eat it." Andrew pulled her hand and held the Con-gee.

"Then I'll eat a little bit." The little girl promised.

Holding the Con-gee, she lowered her head and tried to bring it closer to her mouth. But unable to control her hunger, she took a big sip before reluctantly letting go, even licking the edge of the bowl with her tongue.

"Is it delicious?" Andrew put the little tiger down, lit a cigarette, and felt his heart tighten.

"Yes, it's delicious!" The little girl nodded repeatedly and obediently offered the Con-gee to Andrew.

"If it's delicious, you can have it, Uncle doesn't want it." Andrew pushed the Con-gee away.

The little girl stared at Andrew blankly. After a while, she asked cautiously, "But you haven't eaten yet, won't you be hungry?"

Andrew shook his head and remained silent.

Seeing that Andrew didn't seem to be lying, the little girl thought for a moment and nervously said, "Thank you, Uncle. Can I give some to my mom? She hasn't eaten anything for several days."

Andrew waved his hand, feeling inexplicably annoyed, and said bluntly, "Do whatever you want."

The little girl was startled by his sudden change in demeanor, too scared to say more. Holding the Con-gee, she walked towards the group of people where Old Cui was, taking deep and shallow steps, occasionally glancing back at Andrew.

Actually, Andrew was not "mean" to her at all. He was just affected by the emotions that he had buried deep in his heart for a long time, a scene of a tragic massacre that was like a purgatory, which once made him feel desperate. Now that he had regained his clarity, the little girl had already run away in fear, and Andrew could only mock himself inwardly.

However, it didn't take long for Andrew to see Lao Cui holding the bowl of Con-gee, leading a woman and the little girl hurriedly approaching. Lao Cui walked fast, and the woman could only follow closely, while the little girl stumbled as she was being pulled away.