Chapter 76 Battle with Flame master

The flame monster descended again with its splendid figure, stirring up countless flames, like a burning giant bird.

Andrew stabilized his mind and used his sword combat technique - "Easily dispel a thousand armies" - to confront the flame monster. The crisscrossing sword shadows fiercely attacked the monster.

This sword combat technique was his only long-range attack method apart from using guns and ice arrows. With his shooting skills, it was impossible for him to hit the flying and changing flame monster with a gun or ice arrow. Therefore, he had no choice but to use this sword technique.

With Andrew's current ability, he could generate six sword shadows with his sword technique - "Easily dispel a thousand armies". These sword shadows were condensed from his elemental energy and had great power, but they were still a little lacking when facing the flame monster.

These sword shadows are condensed from his original energy and have immense power. They can instantly kill a flesh bug, but they still fall a little short when it comes to flame monsters.

If he could cultivate this combat technique to generate sixty sword shadows with one sword, he estimated that he could kill the flame monster on the spot. Unfortunately, he could only produce six, which could only slightly slow down the movement of the flame monster.

Of course, Andrew had no intention of directly fighting the flame monster head-on. His task was only to distract or support for a while, until the awakened warriors responsible for attacking the mist source were safely evacuated.

The method to get rid of the flame monster was simple - the ever-changing mist wall. Before all nine mist sources were completely destroyed, these mist walls would not disappear. As long as he rushed to the mist wall at the fastest speed and crossed it randomly, the flame monster would definitely lose its target.

Andrew dared to take on this task assigned by Captain Du because of his powerful battle armor, the protection of the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol, his unparalleled speed, and the ability of the devouring elemental glyph to swallow elemental energy.

The sword shadows briefly blocked the flame monster, probably the first time it was effectively hit by a human, or maybe it was because of the devouring ability contained in the sword shadows, which made it angry!

It flapped its long spiky wings and rushed towards Andrew, who was already running away.

However, in just a moment, Andrew had already run more than fifty meters away. He increased his speed even more, and the fusion of the LV2 gave him an unprecedented burst of power, like a flying arrow, swiftly passing through the vines!

But how could the speed of running surpass the speed of the flame monster's flight? In a matter of seconds, Andrew could feel waves of heat approaching. He didn't have time to dodge and could only rely on his battle armor to withstand the flames unleashed by the monster. This attack, which consisted of pure fire elemental energy, almost made Andrew spit out blood.

The only thing he was grateful for was that, using the monster's attack inertia, he managed to increase the distance again.

In the mist of District 7, strange scenes appeared. An angry flame monster was chasing after a red-armored person who was running desperately. Every time the flame monster unleashed flames at the red-armored person, he fought back with all his might and created some distance between them.

All the meet worms and red-eyed monsters along the way retreated!

Nothing dared to come near!

As the mist wall drew closer, Andrew felt as if he was being cooked. He could even smell the scent of burnt flesh. His battle armor was scorching hot and the icy mist particles hitting the armor made sizzling sounds as they instantly vaporized. The Six-Armor Elemental Symbols were on the verge of breaking, and all the protective measures were on the brink of collapse!

He should use the Ice Avalanche Symbol! Andrew thought to himself.

With a thought, he immediately summoned the Ice Avalanche Symbol and with a light shout, the elemental symbol flew out and formed mysterious characters in mid-air, which meant "collapse".

The characters burst open and the law was formed!

Then, a huge glacier condensed and solidified, enveloping the flame monster.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Andrew pushed his legs to the limit, cursing himself for not being able to fly!

For a creature like the flame monster, which possessed pure fire elemental energy, breaking free from the ice seal was not difficult. However, the greatest power of the Ice Avalanche Symbol was not just freezing the enemy into an ice block, but its terrifying ability to collapse!

Crack—Bang! Bang!! Bang!!!

Three consecutive loud noises startled Andrew, and he couldn't help but look back.

The huge glacier cracked open and exploded into countless ice fragments. The tremendous force, starting from the flame monster as the center, spread out like the spines on a hedgehog, forming a spherical shape!

The flame monster let out a miserable scream!

Andrew had never heard such a miserable scream from a flame monster before, and his heart trembled: it was injured! It was actually injured!

When he first used the third-level attack elemental symbol, his power was only one-fifth of what it was now. With his current second-level elemental realm, he could only unleash half of its power.

To his surprise, the Ice Avalanche Symbol was able to injure the flame monster. He had only intended to use it as cannon fodder to hinder the monster's pursuit.

He was just thinking about whether to use another Ice Avalanche Symbol to possibly finish it off when he saw the flame monster bursting out of the ice fragments and rushing towards him with rage.

Andrew cursed, "Damn it!" It had only suffered a minor injury! This flame monster was too powerful!

He didn't dare to have any thoughts of killing it now. He exerted force in his legs once again and ran as fast as he could! Run as far as possible!

Andrew didn't dare to look back again. When he reached the mist wall, the flame monster, which was only a stone's throw away from him, made him feel as if his body was being melted by the burning sensation. He didn't doubt that his head, scattered inside the helmet, had already been burnt!

He rushed through the mist wall repeatedly, and the scenery in front of Andrew changed rapidly. After more than ten times, he finally felt relieved. The terrifying flame monster had finally been shaken off!

Finding a hidden house, Andrew lay directly on the ground and gasped for air. It was really too dangerous!

Until now, he could still feel his heart pounding due to fear and intense exercise. His battle armor was scorching hot. He could even light a cigarette on it! If it weren't for the Six-Armor Elemental Symbols, he suspected that his cotton clothes would have caught fire long ago!

However, the Six-Armor Elemental Symbols were already severely damaged. Andrew quickly replenished his energy and made a new second-level Six-Armor Elemental Symbol. He regretted not being able to understand the rules for making third-level Six-Armor Elemental Symbols, otherwise he wouldn't be in such a sorry state!

Andrew took a deep breath of smoke, which strongly stimulated his lungs. It brought him an inexplicable sense of pleasure, spreading through his limbs and stimulating his nerves.

He thought to himself that he had been exhausted from escaping for a long time and really should find an opportunity to study the characters in the ancient book systematically again. During this time, he had neglected this matter a lot. This is very dangerous! His only reliance is this ancient book, but he can only vaguely understand less than four hundred characters. It's really a waste!

--------