Chapter 8 The Master on the 8th Floor

---

Andrew doesn't know if the red-armored beetle will calculate the floor height based on the stairs. He believes that with the intelligence of the beetles, they may not have evolved to the point where they can find his room from the hallway. So the last red-armored beetle may not necessarily come directly towards his front door, even if he leaves the door open!

What's more important is that these people who went upstairs just now must have been noticed by the red-armored beetle, and they may even be seen as enemies who killed its companions.

So he decided to take the risk. If he let this creature wander around in the building, he didn't know when the red-armored beetle would suddenly appear from the ceiling or the walls. After all, the corrosive power of these creatures is too strong!

The speed and reaction ability of the red-armored beetle far exceeded Andrew's imagination. When this creature just appeared at the stairwell, Andrew didn't have time to pull the trigger. The red-armored beetle immediately sensed the lurking Andrew and rushed towards him with a howl, leaving only an afterimage!

At the critical moment of life and death, the whole process took less than a second. After Andrew reacted, he only had time to pull the trigger. He didn't have time to see if he hit the target. With his other hand, he quickly fired the pistol in a panic, firing about 5 to 6 bullets.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The bullets carried the fierce fire energy as they shot into the wall. Those were the sounds of several missed shots. After the smoke cleared, Andrew finally saw that the Ice Arrow luckily hit its target.

Although it was a stroke of luck and hit the pincers, it had already frozen half of the Red Beetle's body. The bullets from the pistol, imbued with fire energy, also hit their mark. Andrew had very little energy left. The bullets powered by the elemental symbols on the pistol were far less powerful than the full force of the Ice Arrow!

The red-armored beetle, which had experienced the dual torment of ice and fire, was dead beyond death. Since the disappearance of the sun, the most severe crisis had finally been resolved!

Andrew used the Ice Arrow, still filled with cold energy, to extinguish the bullets with fiery energy that had hit the wall. In just a short time, these flames burned several large holes into Andrew's wall.

Andrew didn't dare to touch the red-armored beetle's body. He was worried that it might carry some unknown virus or strong corrosive substance. After thinking it over, he could only use the Material-Storage Elemental Symbol to collect it, to ensure proper disposal.

The crowds on the street had already scattered. Under the heavy weapons of the military, out of the dozens of Red Beetles that killed over a hundred people, less than ten were shot dead by the military. They disappeared into the shadows once again.

No one knew when they would reappear. The scattered convoy looked incomplete, but still drove past with the armored forces of the military, roaring. No one knew how many of these almost indestructible bugs were waiting for them up ahead.

Killing three red-armored beetles in one day had severely depleted Andrew's energy and even his mental state. The legendary practice that could replenish sleep just by meditating, Andrew now understood that it simply didn't exist. Meditation was meditation, sleep was sleep, and they were completely irreplaceable. As long as he was still a normal human, he had to eat, drink, sleep, defecate, and fart! All equally indispensable.

Andrew had a dream, a vulgar dream. If all disgusting scenes were the same, he used the elemental bow to kill a red-armored beetle and save a fairy-like beauty. Just as they were about to reach SEX, he woke up. Andrew was very depressed.