Chapter 51 Conflict

With a stern face, Zhang Nan said coldly, "Mr. Gan, it won't be so easy for you to take these things!"

The man with the long face laughed heartily, "Do you see my brothers? That one is a coward! Captain Zhang, let me tell you the truth. Yes, we are plundering, but we are also government people. The government doesn't have enough manpower, and we happen to have some skills, so we were entrusted to escort a dozen important figures. Don't think we're just bandits!"

Seeing that Zhang Nan only snorted, the man with the long face continued, "Brothers don't care about this mess. We think you're capable, so we don't want to conflict with you. The government forces us to send people, without giving us cars or food. In order to survive, our only choice is to resort to robbery, in this world, whoever has the biggest fist is the king! Either give us half of the supplies, or join us. When we arrive in Jinling City, we can all enjoy wealth and prosperity together. What should we do? I'll give you one minute to consider."

Finally, he added, "Oh, by the way, protecting these students with your life is useless! I heard they have attacked you too. Think about it!"

The man with the long face lit a cigarette and looked at Zhang Nan with a smile, seemingly not taking the school's security team seriously.

Unexpectedly, without hesitation, Zhang Nan said, "I am a student of Dongshen University, and most of the people behind me are students of Dongshen University. Our classmates and friends are all here! If we continue to fight among ourselves, it's our own business. As for what you said, I can't do it. If you want to take away our supplies, we will definitely fight to the end!"

The man with the long face's face turned cold, and he was about to speak when an old man emerged from behind him. His face was filled with a smile as he spoke to Zhang Nan, "Captain, I am Zhu Dulin. Some of you may have heard of my name. I can guarantee that as long as you safely escort us to Jinling City, we will definitely thank you generously, at least ensuring a worry-free life for the rest of your lives."

Qian Deyi shouted from behind, "Old man, I know who you are. You're just a rich man. You can brag. It's not the right time now. What's the use of the Renminbi? Your pile of money is just a number. Dream on if you want to exchange it for food!"

The old man showed no sign of anger. Instead, he smiled and said, "Young man, you underestimate us. Not to mention that most of the leaders in Jinling City are our friends, even my youngest son is an official in Jinling City."

Chandler chuckled and said, "You're so capable, why wouldn't the military prioritize protecting you to go to Jinling City, instead of relying on these bandits? Haha!"

The old man shook his head and sighed, "Who doesn't want a military escort? Do you know how many important figures there are in the whole Shen city? We're grateful to have someone escorting us!"

Zhudulin's lamentation angered the man with the knife, who grabbed him and stared at him, saying, "Old man, if it wasn't for grandpa protecting you, you wouldn't know how many times you would have died. You damn well complain about not being protected by the military! Damn it!"

The old man cautiously smiled and apologized, "I misspoke, I misspoke!"

The man with the knife threw the old man aside and shouted, "Boss, let's start fighting already! Stop blabbering!"

They completely disregarded these people with an arrogant attitude.

But then they heard a stern voice shouting, "Who dares to make a move!"

Andrew looked up and saw that it was Captain Du, followed by soldiers armed with rifles and awakened warriors with various weapons.

The man with the stern face was momentarily stunned, then smiled and said, "This officer misunderstood. Brothers and I were just discussing cooperation with Captain Zhang."