Chapter 134 Insects at the city gates

Beep

Beep...Beep...Beep...The siren in Jinling City suddenly rang out with a sharp sound, getting louder and louder, one after another, sending chills down one's spine.

Chaos reigned at the entrance, with a large crowd rushing in from all directions, squeezed between the first and second lines of defense.

"Thank you, Mr. Chu!" Sophie stood up straight, feeling grateful. The sprint over this distance had almost exhausted her strength. It had been nearly two days since she had eaten anything, and she was on the verge of collapse.

"Are you okay?" Andrew had already removed his battle armor. Seeing her pale face, devoid of color, like a dead person, he was taken aback.

"Sophie is just so hungry. Along the way, for the two of us old folks, she has suffered a lot!" Professor Tang's wife sighed heavily.

Andrew was puzzled, recalling the time on Bus No. 1 when Qian Chenduo took everyone to "get food." This girl stubbornly insisted on following, only to secure an extra portion of food to "feed these two old folks." He had initially thought Sophie was just greedy for more bread.

Following a series of memories, Andrew suddenly remembered that when he went to "get grains" that day, he encountered a white-clothed woman exuding a chill around the warehouse door. With just one glance, she vanished.

It's her!?

The appearance and aura, almost identical to the white-clothed woman on the back of the monster he had just encountered!

The cloaked figure, the white-clothed woman, who are they really? Andrew naturally connected these two mysterious figures together.

"Aunt Sun, don't say that. Haven't we all arrived in Jinling City? Everything will get better!" Sophie said softly, but the distant crimson swarm behind her made her words lack conviction.

"Do you have relatives in Jinling City? Or a place to stay?" Andrew collected his thoughts. Since he couldn't understand the cloaked figure or the white-clothed woman, he decided not to waste time speculating and focused on the ancient characters in front of him.

"No, Sophie shook her head dejectedly, then said with hope, "Isn't there still the government here?"

"Wait until you see how crowded Jinling City is, then you'll know the headquarters are overwhelmed," Andrew shook his head, suggesting, "If you have nowhere to go for now, come with me to the west district, I have a place there."

"Ah!? Really?" Sophie couldn't believe Andrew would say that. After he had helped her once, she didn't dare to hope for more.

Andrew's strength, witnessed firsthand in the Awakening Guard, was almost unmatched. Being taken in by him was indeed the best thing that could happen.

"I also need Professor Tang's help with something. I will provide food for you all, let's go through this together," Andrew nodded.

"Mr. Chu, thank you so much! On behalf of my teacher and aunt, thank you!" Sophie said excitedly, food was truly precious to them now, as they had been without it for many days.