Chapter 36 Keep fighting

Next was the lazy voice of Jay-den: "What, ten? You might as well shoot me and take it directly!"

Gu no longer had the arrogance he had when talking to Andrew at first, and he anxiously said, "Little brother, it's already against military discipline for us to exchange bullets privately with you. Besides, we need to keep some bullets to protect the professors. I hope you can understand our situation!"

Jay-den calmly said, "Don't speak nonsense. I didn't force you to violate military discipline and exchange biscuits with me. Since you're afraid of punishment, it's better not to exchange."

After speaking, the sound of him deliberately crunching on biscuits could be heard.

A man's voice said, "We have some gold and silver jewelry. Can we exchange it with you?"

Jay-den seemed to have encountered something extremely funny but couldn't help but smile softly, "Mr. Zhao, do you think you can still buy a biscuit with Chinese yuan, US dollars, or gold? You're really... Oh, Bro Chu, you're here?"

Andrew walked out of the corridor, nodded his head, glanced around, and everyone surrounded Jay-den but didn't dare to snatch the biscuit from his hand.

These people were afraid of Andrew's terrifying ability downstairs. Jay-den dared to speak so boldly because he relied on him.

When Andrew appeared, everyone except Professor Sun automatically took two steps back, looking at him with extremely complicated eyes.

"Are the bullets settled?"

He asked about the bullets as soon as he opened his mouth, causing Gu's eyes to finally brighten. He had a hunch that Andrew seemed to need bullets very much. He had already planned to reduce two more chips that he had prepared to give up. Now, bullets were also extremely precious to them.

Jay-den scratched his head and said apologetically, "These people are too stingy, I'll negotiate again!"

Gu calmed down and confidently said, "Little brother, it's because your price was too high. Let's negotiate again..."

Actually, Andrew just wanted to know if Jay-den had obtained the bullets or not. He was in a hurry to sneak attack the insects now, and bullets were not important to him at all. He directly ignored Gu's words and quickly said, "No need to negotiate, Jay-den pack up and follow me immediately!"

When this statement came out, not only was Gu stunned, but the people behind him, Professor Sun, Miss Zhao, and others were also stunned. They were just discussing how to find a way to ask this person to escort them to the military camp. They didn't expect that he would want to leave as soon as he arrived.

Jay-den was stunned for a moment, leaned over, and whispered, "Bro Chu , aren't we exchanging bullets? They are about to surrender, just wait a moment..."

Andrew waved his hand and said, "No need to exchange, it's too late. Take the crossbow and let's talk while walking."

Jay-den was the first person to know that Andrew had strangely predicted the Dark Era. He had already placed great trust in Andrew's special ability with various incidents. He no longer said much, put away the biscuits, and was ready to go downstairs with Andrew.

"Wait, wait, both of you!" Gu panicked, not knowing where his courage came from, and reached out to stop Andrew, hurriedly saying.

Andrew raised his head sternly and said, "Captain Gu, I respect your military uniform and the courage of you and your comrades behind you. I can overlook the past, but please be careful not to continue to provoke me..."

Professor Sun quickly persuaded, "Young man, Captain Gu is also thinking for our sake. Please be more understanding."

Andrew had a good impression of this old man. The old man not only revealed a lot of things about dark energy but also talked about some things about awakened humans, which were somewhat helpful to him. Moreover, this old man was actually a nice person and didn't mind that Andrew kicked him. Andrew even gave him half a loaf of bread, which the old man shared with these ten or so people. However, for so many people, it was like a drop in the bucket.

"Out of respect for Professor Sun, I'm willing to trade one cookie for ten bullets. If you're interested, let's do it now, as I have other things to attend to." Andrew didn't have time to argue with them, as one or two bullets weren't worth wasting his time here.

In fact, Gu and the others didn't have many handgun bullets either. They had to save some for self-defense. After much hassle, they only managed to trade for four biscuits, which annoyed Andrew.

While going downstairs, Andrew suddenly remembered to ask Jay-den, "Does the old man know about your training method?"

Jay-den sadly smiled and replied, "The old man doesn't know. They used to conduct experiments in this area, but they have stopped now. They only advised me to use my abilities as much as possible."

The old man didn't know, and Andrew didn't know either. They could only observe and make plans later.

"Let me tell you something, later you'll come with me to kill two bugs..." Andrew said as they went down the stairs. Suddenly, he realized that there was no one behind him. He turned around and saw that Jay-den was still frightened on the corner of the stairs.

He paused for a moment but then thought, when he faced the red armored beetle for the first time, he wasn't much better than Jay-den. Putting himself in Jay-den's shoes, he felt that it was not a big deal. He explained, "Don't be nervous, I'll explain slowly... Oh, why are you following me?"

Andrew was so focused on how to obtain two bugs that he didn't notice the girl whom he had saved was also following them downstairs.

The girl hadn't spoken yet, and Jay-den anxiously asked, "Bro Chu, is it dangerous to kill bugs?"

Andrew looked at Jay-den and said confidently, "Yes! It's always dangerous when facing bugs! In this world, there is no such thing as safety. If you don't have the courage to face this danger, how do you plan to survive?"

Jay-den felt scared and ashamed after being told this. He hesitated for a while before gritting his teeth and said, "Bro Chu, tell me what to do, I'll listen to you!"

Andrew patted his shoulder and nodded, "We'll see according to the situation. As long as we have this courage, we can overcome any difficulty."

There were a lot of bugs outside now. At least six bugs were nearby. With their current situation, they couldn't provoke them. They couldn't match their strength, so they could only outsmart them. Andrew had been thinking about this problem all along.

There were several bodies lying haphazardly outside the building, and one of them even had a rat gnawing on it. The rat was alertly scanning the surroundings.

There was a faint glimmer in the sky, but it was only a faint one. The surrounding situation was not particularly clear, so Andrew had to continue using the night vision goggles.

The girl had been pushed back by Andrew, and he didn't even know her name. There was no need to take risks by bringing her along. He and Jay-den were already a terrifying team. Having more people would only be a burden.

Andrew chose the battlefield, a commercial street one kilometer away, where at least five red armored beetles were tearing off human heads. He didn't dare to get close, so he circled around and selected a sniper tower. In a while, he would let Jay-den open a window on the fifth floor and use a crossbow to shoot the red armored beetles on the commercial street.

Then, together with Jay-den, they would hide in the opposite direction, at least two kilometers away, and choose two buildings with a gap wide enough for the red armored beetles to jump over.

The two of them climbed to the top of the buildings respectively, observed the surroundings, and had Jay-den use a rope, which he used to sneak attack the red armored beetles from the air, to shoot it to their building. They found a place to tie a secure knot. The other end of the rope was wrapped around the corner of the opposite building, making it easy to untie at any time.

After arranging the escape route, Andrew didn't dare to stay for a moment and silently returned to the sniper tower on the commercial street with Jay-den.

Andrew gave Jay-den a watch and let him go up to the fifth floor alone. They agreed that after ten minutes, Andrew would provoke the six bugs, and Jay-den would use ice arrows to freeze one of them during the chaos.