Chapter 71 The Peak of the LV1

Less than twelve hours later, Andrew has to return to the building, and every time he is extremely tired. He needs to use the time to obtain new maps from the professors and replenish his sleep in the building.

And once he stops fighting, his mind is filled with the characters from ancient books and worries about the impending battle with the flame monsters, making him confused and dazed.

He vaguely feels that when he reaches the peak of the LV1, he must understand some things in order to successfully break through the realm of the LV2.

Only with the LV1 can he be qualified to confront the flame monsters!

So, because of tiredness, Andrew always puts away his battle armor and enters Jingjiang Mansion, ignoring the hustle and bustle in the hall. He has no idea what they are arguing about. Even Captain Du hinted at him to show his abilities, but he refused.

It's not that Andrew wants to show off. Every time he comes back, he is exhausted and just wants to replenish his sleep. Moreover, he currently doesn't have the strength of the LV2. Even if he shows his abilities with the power of the LV1, he will inevitably face more doubts.

Every time, Andrew curls up in the chair, tormented and lethargic, and falls asleep. Jack guards not far away, constantly trying various cultivation methods. Since the last incident, many people want to challenge him again. Andrew is not at ease resting alone, especially during this chaotic period of his mind. He asked Captain Du to bring Jack back.

Since the Dark Age, among the people Andrew has gradually encountered, besides his most trusted Jay-den, Jack is the only one who can put his mind at ease.

Captain Du's men have collected more and more bodies of red-armored beetles and red-eyed monsters, all of which Andrew has stored in the LV2. He plans to reforge the battle armor and the Thousand Defeat Sword when he reaches the Two Yuan Realm. He believes the effect will be better than it is now.

On the last day, in the last 12 hours, Andrew only needs one process of tempering with Yuan Qi before he can enter the realm he has been eagerly waiting for, the peak of the LV1!

The dense concentration of Qi makes Andrew feel that his body is filled with tremendous power. He leaps from one vine to another, appearing as swift as a rainbow, incredibly agile!

At this moment, Andrew is crawling out of a window of a building along a giant creature's vine.

In front of him is a group of red-eyed monsters besieging more than thirty people. Since Captain Du spread the news that the fog wall is about to be broken and everyone should flee Jinling City, those citizens who have been despairing and hiding in various corners can no longer hold on. They have all rushed to the Jinjiang Building in District 9.

With no hope, only despair, people will fall into decadence. Once hope appears, even if it's just a faint glimmer of hope, people will burst out with the strongest desire to survive, especially those fathers and mothers with children.

The city of mist that could not be escaped once extinguished the last hope of the citizens, so even when Caption Du's army passed through later, they were indifferent. But now, this army, which possesses scientists, a large number of awakened warriors, and heavy-duty weapons, declares that three days later they will break through the mist wall and escape to Jinling! People who heard the news felt like drowning people grasping at a straw. This is their last chance, and except for those who are already too weak to stand up, everyone immediately gathers around Caption Du.

Andrew vaguely recognized a few people in the crowd. They were the companions of the urban management officer who led him and Jack a few days ago. The urban management officer was no longer there, only the woman leading the remaining people, still holding a scarab beetle carapace as a shield, using iron rods to fiercely resist the red-eyed monsters.

These are all ordinary humans who can only rely on a few scattered guns and melee weapons to deal with the red-eyed monsters. By the time Andrew appeared, they had already suffered casualties. Along the way, there were already five or six half-dead bodies lying there. But what shocked Andrew was that none of these people tried to escape on their own. They all fought back with all their might, defending and retreating towards the mist wall.

There were only a dozen or so red-eyed monsters in total. Andrew gently picked up his bow and arrow, took out an arrow, and injected a sufficient amount of elemental energy into it. His archery skills had greatly improved, and he could barely ensure hitting the monsters that were nearly two meters long from a distance of less than forty meters, although it was somewhat difficult to hit moving targets.

Swish, swish, swish...!

Andrew shot several arrows in succession. He simply adopted a tactic of shooting a barrage of arrows. His speed was very fast. In just an instant, he shot five arrows! Then, in order to increase his power, he didn't even use arrows anymore. He directly formed ice arrows using elemental energy, shooting into the group of red-eyed monsters with a chilling light.

Dealing with the red-eyed monsters didn't consume much elemental energy. One ice arrow only took a small amount of his elemental energy. Although he shot out many ice arrows, he had sufficient elemental energy now. In order to quickly reach his peak state, Andrew didn't care about wasting his last bit of elemental energy. He still had more than twenty fully charged symbols of take in vitality in his storage pouch.

The once arrogant red-eyed monsters were now frozen on the ground one after another, and the remaining ones immediately flew towards Andrew.

Andrew activated his elemental energy, shooting several arrows in quick succession, hanging up his bow, drawing out the Thousand Defeat Sword, and leaping down from the vines. In mid-air, he directly cleaved the charging red-eyed monsters, breaking two of them with one slash!

"Look!!! It's the person in the red armor!" a woman in the crowd screamed.

"Do we... do we have hope!?" a mother cried tears of joy.

"Um, where have I seen this person before?" murmured a child among the companions.

...

Andrew swiftly wielded the Thousand Defeat Sword, and the red-eyed monsters became fewer and fewer, until the last one, under the astonished gaze of everyone, actually turned around and fled!

Since the first day the monsters descended upon the world, not a single monster had ever fled from battle!

Even Andrew, who had experienced countless battles, was stunned.

The only monster he had encountered that fled was the last one of the five scarab beetles he killed in the city, and it only emitted strange cries, calling for its distant companions, but it never fled.

In this momentary daze, the red-eyed monster had already flown a distance away. Andrew quickly picked up his bow and arrow, stepped on the surrounding vines, and high-jumped to pursue. He injected all his remaining elemental energy into the arrow, jumped onto a vine, and shot three arrows in succession, shooting down the last panicked red-eyed monster.

At the same time, the process of the final cleansing of his body by elemental energy was finally completed. Andrew felt his body become lighter, almost falling from the vine. His body actually began to automatically absorb the surrounding nature elemental energy!

The absorbed elemental energy flew evenly throughout his body, and he could even hear strange sounds coming from within his body.

Andrew was nervous, he didn't even have time to pick up the body of the red-eyed monster on the ground and flew directly towards the building in District 9.

When he rushed into the gate, Andrew had no intention of retracting his battle armor. Like a whirlwind, he swept through the crowd and grabbed Jack, who was talking to Mantra, and rushed into the nearest room, urgently saying, "Guard the door for me!"

Before Jack could react, he had already closed the door with a bang.

At this time, in the hall, the awakened soldiers who were startled by the sudden appearance of the red battle armor were completely chaotic, demanding that Captain Du explain the truth!

More and more people felt that this was a scam by the military, a scam that would lead them to death, and chaos was about to break out.

...