Chapter 28 The Beginning of Slaughter

"They're all dead! They're all dead!" Jay-den said convulsively, "bro Chu, my dad, my mom, they were all bitten to death by insects, they're all dead! Dead!..."

Andrew's heart trembled, but he didn't know how to comfort him. He hugged Jay-den's head tightly, feeling the trembling on his back.

There was another thud behind the water tower. Andrew looked over, the leader of the thugs was still holding up his pants, angrily shouting, "Can't you guys wait until I'm done?"

The cripple crawled up with a smile, leaning close to the leader's ear and whispered something quickly, occasionally glancing at Andrew and Jay-den.

The leader of the thugs, holding up his pants, pushed the cripple away and walked up to Andrew, pointing at his comrade who was kicked down by Andrew and said with a smile, "Brother, I respect you, but what's the meaning of this?"

Andrew frowned. If it weren't for the concern about the insects, he would have taken Jay-den away directly, and these people wouldn't be able to stop him at all.

The kick he just gave didn't use any qi, it was just the power of the battle armor, but he didn't expect it to still cause such a great harm to ordinary people.

He remembered the deal the cripple had before, so he took out a slightly wrinkled half pack of cigarettes and threw it to the leader, saying, "I vouch for this person!"

The leader took the half pack of cigarettes, sniffed it under his nose, and laughed, "Brother, this person is yours!"

Andrew wasn't a fool. This half pack of cigarettes was just to give the leader a way out in front of his comrades, so that the two sides wouldn't have a fierce conflict. After all, the jump just now had a considerable deterrent effect on them.

The cripple, unwillingly, came closer, blinking his eyes and said, "Brother, do you still want that girl?"

Andrew shook his head, supporting Jay-den to sit on the opposite cement floor. Jay-den's lips were cracked and bleeding. Andrew rummaged through the Material-Storage Elemental Symbol for a while and got some food for Jay-den, a bottle of drink, and a few White Rabbit candies.

Watching Jay-den devour the apple, Andrew suddenly realized that compared to them, he was living in a paradise in terms of food!

The persistent cripple followed them, spinning around and staring at the food Andrew placed in front of Jay-den.

The cripple gulped and shamelessly approached, saying, "Brother, oh, no, Big Brother! Are you really not going to exchange it? Just one cigarette, just one is enough!" The cripple greedily glanced at the candy and added, "How about one candy?"

Andrew sneered, swiftly drew out the Thousand Defeat Sword, activated his elemental energy, and stabbed the floor in front of him with one sword. Startled, the beggar fell down on his butt.

"Don't bother me anymore! Get lost!" Andrew retracted the Thousand Defeat Sword. He just wanted to quickly restore two units of elemental energy so that he could create a new symbol of take in vitality. Without a constant supply of talismans, he felt no sense of security.

Jay-den fell into a deep sleep before finishing his meal. It was unclear whether he was unconscious or just sleeping.

The movement of the humming leader finally stopped. Andrew made up his mind not to rest or sleep until he regained two units of elemental energy through cultivation.

The evacuation of the troops was less than 70 hours away. He had to make every second count!

Fortunately, he had become very skilled in the process of absorbing the elemental energy of nature. There was no delay, and the speed had increased significantly. Previously, it took him 12 hours a day and eight to nine days to absorb six units of elemental energy.