Chapter 120 Second Awakening

Witch somehow got a hold of a dozen trucks, worn-out and creaking, but driving fairly steadily.

To save gas, everyone crowded into three trucks, without adding any extra vehicles. Aside from Granny and Andrew, there were about fifteen other black warriors, the highest-ranking among them only at Grade 2B.

Andrew understood that Granny had entered Jinling City on the same day as him, and in just a few days, she managed to gather this group of people. She indeed had some remarkable abilities.

Andrew was placed by Granny in the front passenger seat of a relatively better truck. Some were unhappy about it, but no one dared to speak up.

Exiting from the west gate of Jinling's main city, they headed northwest under the faint light in the sky, rushing towards their destination.

With so few people, Andrew worried that even encountering a huge swarm of insects would be disastrous! Although having everyone, including the driver, being black warriors made it easier to escape if needed without ordinary people slowing them down.

After traveling for a while, Andrew understood why Granny was so confident. Among the black warriors she organized, one of them possessed wind abilities, though only at a Level 1. Despite being only a Level 1, this person's sensitivity to the surrounding environment was almost as good as a small tiger's, helping them avoid three encounters with Red Armor Beetles in just a few kilometers.

What surprised Andrew was that the emblem on this person's black warrior headquarters badge clearly showed Ice abilities, at Level 1B!

Later, Andrew learned from someone nearby that this person was an extremely rare second awakening black warrior. Having unintentionally gone through a second awakening on top of the first, he gained the ability to manipulate wind!

However, both of his abilities were only at Level 2, with the wind ability barely reaching Level 1C, which was almost useless without the keen perception ability that came with wind manipulation.

Andrew didn't know much about awakenings, as he hadn't focused on that aspect in his recent studies. Suddenly learning this information and thinking about the small tiger's Gold and Wind abilities, although seemingly awakened simultaneously, had one similarity with Granny's person - the first ability was a common black warrior ability, while the second was a peculiar one.

As for the first ability, it still seemed to fall under the five major attributes mentioned in ancient books, such as the small tiger's Gold ability and Granny's subordinate's Ice ability. The second ability almost seemed like a mutated attribute, such as the wood attribute under which wind should be classified.

Except for the small tiger, Andrew also learned from the driver that these second awakening black warrior abilities were not very strong, giving a sense of being flashy without much substance. Those who could wield a single ability to the extreme like the Fire King, Ice King, and others could easily crush Witch's second awakening subordinates with a mere gesture.

With the double vigilance of this person and the small tiger, although there were many opportunities for joy along the way, they faced no real danger. When they couldn't avoid it, they had to confront it head-on, choosing the weakest direction of the Red Armor Beetles and fighting their way through.

The border outpost was less than a mile from Jinling City, mostly hilly terrain, ideal for concealing themselves. They hid and waited in the mountain gullies, occasionally waiting for the wandering insect swarms to pass. After wasting two full days and losing a truck, Andrew and Granny's group finally reached the vicinity of the outpost.

However, it seemed that the place had already been occupied, with walls built around it and even a tall watchtower.

And!