Chapter 166 Top Floor Battle

As darkness enveloped the earth, all sorts of strange and eerie incidents would incessantly occur in the city of Jinling, manifesting in various corners of the city.

For instance, atop the office building in the western district. Standing silently, an odd pair faced each other - a man clad in shimmering battle armor, wielding a sharp sword, locked in a stare with his opponent; while the woman, dressed in white like snow, remained untainted. Her gaze, icy and indifferent, briefly glanced over the armor without a hint of emotion.

Andrew was correct in his observation -- the figures seated on the rooftop of his office building, unmoving, were indeed the woman in white whom he had encountered twice before. She seemed to never change her attire, with her clothes remaining identical each time.

Friend or Enemy, Andrew could not discern. In this world, there was no such thing as an elusive "killing intent" for him to perceive.

Whether an adversary or not, he was equally unsure. There was no nonexistent "intimidation" or "aura of a powerful being" to measure against.

The woman before him was merely a stoic and unfamiliar visitor who did not approach, her eyes showing no emotion, merely examining his armor and sword before showing disinterest in his appearance and the like.

Before she spoke, Andrew dared not act rashly, feeling uncertain. The first impression this woman gave him was not inferior to himself, and during the second encounter when she controlled the appearance of the Split-head Monster, she was clearly superior to him.

Furthermore, on both occasions, the woman in white had not displayed any hostile behavior towards him and his companions. On the second encounter, she even lent a hand to help Sophie and the others deal with the insect siege.

Hence, Andrew could not decipher her intentions. If the cloaked figure had arrived at this moment, the fate of the Fire King and the Gun King would have been clear.

But he refused to believe that this woman in white, as elusive as the cloaked figure, had merely stopped at his "place" just to take a break. That was ridiculous.

Andrew remained on high alert, his nerves taut, not daring to lose focus for even a moment.

The woman in white seemed to be contemplating something. Suddenly, she gently raised her right hand, smoothly drawing an arc in the air. Wherever her graceful fingertips touched, sharp ice energy condensed at the tip of her finger with a sharp whistle.

Andrew immediately brandished the Thousand Defeat Sword, without hesitation, ready for action, treating even a non-enemy as an enemy. He had long prepared for this, and his movements were fluid, even the true energy in the Thousand Defeat Sword was filled to the brim.

He attempted to unleash his most powerful combat skill, "Easily dispel a thousand armies", at the very onset of the conflict to gain a slight advantage.

However, as fast as Andrew was, the woman in white was faster. Despite his usual advantage in speed, he was now at a disadvantage.

With a flick of her elegant fingertip, the highly condensed ice energy let out a sharp whistle and shot towards him at an unbelievable speed, expanding and forming a monstrous ice head, with teeth and claws, that pounced towards him in mid-air.

Crack!

Andrew exerted all his strength to split open the ice-shaped giant head, disregarding the intense pain and the trembling hands gripping the sword, he continued to rush towards the woman in white at an extremely fast pace, fully prepared to injure himself if it meant repelling her.