Chapter 74 No Time Left

The fire monsters were pure fire elementals. The previously used powerful fire-expelling symbol against the tentacle monsters was naturally ineffective. Andrew searched through ancient books and could only choose one from the ice element symbols, which was most effective against the fire elemental of the fire monsters.

There were many types of third-level elemental symbols, but not many people could fully understand the characters. After careful consideration, Andrew chose the ice avalanche symbol. This ice avalanche symbol was not the most powerful ice element symbol in the third level, but it was easy to create. Andrew could produce a large quantity. He didn't know if there were nine fire monsters with nine mist sources, but at least he had to prepare nine ice avalanche symbols.

The process of creating second-level elemental symbols in the LV1 consumed an enormous amount of elemental energy, and the same applied to creating third-level elemental symbols in the LV2.

Nine high-level third-level elemental symbols required a massive amount of elemental energy. Andrew used a large number of symbols of take in vitality before barely completing the creation.

He then upgraded the original first-level Six-Armor Elemental Symbol to the second level. Andrew couldn't understand the method to create the third-level Six-Armor Elemental Symbol and didn't have much time left to study it.

The Six-Armor Elemental Symbol provided all-around protection, especially against attacks on elemental energy. It greatly increased the chance of survival when combined with battle armor.

The elemental symbols on the Thousand Defeat Sword, the ice elemental symbols on the bow and arrow, and the fire elemental symbols on the pistol were all transformed into second-level symbols by Andrew. Although he had already understood the method to create third-level symbols for some of them, he didn't have enough elemental energy to upgrade all these symbols to the third level.

Andrew didn't make any changes to the two second-level Material-Storage Elemental Symbols. The elemental energy inside them could support him for a period of time. With the mindset of saving as much as possible, he planned to create third-level Material-Storage Elemental Symbols later.

There was also a more mysterious beast-sealing symbol that required even more elemental energy, three times that of the ice avalanche symbol. However, its function was extremely powerful. The third-level beast-sealing symbol could seal a dying monster inside the symbol's body, and after repairing its elemental energy, the person holding the symbol could release the monster to assist in battle.

Andrew gritted his teeth and made one, intending to capture a meet worm inside.

Facing the fire monsters, even with the Second Yuan Realm cultivation level, Andrew had only one plan: to escape!

The ice avalanche symbol was only meant to delay the fire monsters' attacks, not to kill them. Similarly, if he could seal multiple meet worms as cannon fodder, the powerful suction of the flesh worms could delay the fire monsters, increasing his chance of escape.

But this was just wishful thinking. Andrew simply didn't have enough elemental energy to support him in creating more beast-sealing symbols. He still needed to keep at least ten fully charged symbols of take in vitality as a supplement for consuming elemental energy in battle.

******

At this moment, several soldiers hurriedly brought in a young soldier with a bloodstained body and a helmet from the hall. Colonel Du was urgently called over by Staff Officer Tao.

The soldier, on the verge of death, had blood trickling from the corners of his eyes and blood bubbles forming in his mouth. He spoke intermittently, "Bri...bri... Brigade, Brigade 218, Caption Du Qishan, the command from the division, it's... it's in my pocket, too late, too late!..."