Chapter 41 Irresistible Bus No. 1

Andrew is not a fool. If he can arrange things well with Marguerite, learn about some professors' research, and most importantly, get more bugs, he doesn't want to refuse. This is also his original intention for joining this escort team.

Several large buses followed the truck. The most heavily defended bus was naturally occupied by relatives and friends of the escort team. The bus was not only equipped with heavy machine guns for military support, but also had two team members on rotation duty on the roof. The exterior was reinforced with steel bars.

The normal capacity of the bus is over fifty people, with each person having 2-3 spots. The limit is to completely kill three bugs. Those with higher abilities have 3 spots, while those with slightly lower abilities only have 2 spots. This is the strict rule set by their captain, and no one dares to disobey. If you want to obtain 3 spots, well, work hard to improve your abilities!

It is said that this strict rule was set because of extreme shortages of protective forces, food, fuel, and other resources. Secondly, this escort team mainly consists of students from other areas, who do not have a large number of relatives and mostly have boyfriends or girlfriends.

The military provides weapons support, while the school provides food support in exchange for the escort team's combat actions. Therefore, this bus, which is not only heavily protected but also has stable food supply, has become a paradise in the hearts of all students and teachers in the school. On this mobile fortress, there is safety, warmth, and most importantly, stable food and water!

Before Andrew and Jay-den joined, the escort team had 14 members, 8 male and 6 female. Among them, only 5 had 3 spots, including their captain. The rest only had 2 spots.

These few spots are coveted by everyone. There are dormitory friends who use connections, female students who are willing to exchange their bodies, and handsome boys who are crazy about pursuing female guards. What's more special is that those who have qualified to ride this bus are being flattered by others outside, simply because these people are allocated food twice a day.

In addition to the bus called Bus No.1, there are several buses following behind, which naturally become the second choice for others. However, those who can ride these buses are also people who have connections with the school and the military.

Andrew and Jay-den together have 5 spots, but they must pass the strict assessment of their captain to confirm their authenticity before they can exercise this right. Marguerite can only follow him for now.

At this time, their captain was on duty on the roof of Bus No. 1. Zhang Zicheng took advantage of this time to gather the newcomers for some simple instructions, mainly about the rights and obligations of the escort team members.

Such as the supply of food and water, the order of battle arrangements after receiving combat alerts, the order of duty rotation, and so on. The most important thing is to remind all awakened warriors that they don't need to completely kill the red armored beetles, they just need to destroy their defensive layers and leave the rest to the military's thermal weapons. This greatly increases the number of red armored beetles that the escort team can deal with.

Andrew leaned against the railings, smoking, and boredly listened to Qin Heng boasting about how their captain would knock him down and expose him, as if he were a complete fraud.

He couldn't be bothered to argue with him. He wanted to see when their captain would come and prove his strength. He wanted to see what else Qin Heng and his friends could say.

Andrew turned his head and looked outside. The cars were mixed in the crowd, and the movement was very slow. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like they were moving forward at all. There was no other way, the road out of the city was crowded with evacuees, completely disregarding the corpses frequently encountered on the road and the foul-smelling excrement left behind by those who passed by.

Everywhere there are shouts, some calling out names, some crying foolishly, some even stealing other people's backpacks, but most are anxiously following the footsteps of the person in front.

If someone accidentally fell and didn't get up in time, they would be trampled to death. At this point, it seemed that no one cared whether what was under their feet was a corpse or a living person.

Andrew saw in the distance that many people were constantly climbing on top of private cars without any weapons, some even smashing the windows and crawling inside, creating chaos.

On the side of the protection team, it was much better. No one dared to get too close to their vehicles, with the dark barrels and awakened warriors.

The sound of gunfire attracted Andrew's gaze to the distant rear, where the main force of the insects was in a fierce battle with the army, intensifying.

The fiery explosion of intense artillery fire spread through the dark world, shooting in all directions, causing the ground to shake like an earthquake.

The rockets fired trailed deathly light, pouring out like a rain of bullets, illuminating the entire half of the sky.

Explosions and the whistling of shells sounded mighty and fierce.

Andrew was shocked by the display of the army's powerful force. Aside from seeing it on TV, this was the first time he witnessed such a spectacular bombardment that seemed to destroy everything in the world!

And this was achieved without the military using missiles, or even ultimate weapons like nuclear warheads. He suddenly remembered that humans themselves could destroy this earth!

He dared not imagine the country on the other side of the earth, which possessed countless nuclear bombs. Had their president already put his finger on the button to launch them?

Since the Dark Age, Andrew had always believed that he was on the front line of fighting against the Red-armored Beetles. Now he realized that he seemed to be a bit off.

Without thinking, he knew that the army's intense artillery bombardment, like rain, indicated the magnitude of the insect swarm they were facing!

That was the true front line of the human-insect war!

However, the military command, with such powerful firepower, ultimately made the reluctant decision to evacuate. Andrew trembled inside, wondering how many terrifying creatures the military had encountered to be so afraid?

Could it be that only Jingling City could provide real safety? Could Jingling City withstand the attacks from the unimaginable insect swarm?

Andrew couldn't answer his own question. His thoughts, along with those under the vehicle, were all the same, except for cultivation. They were all thinking about fleeing to Jingling City, where they might find safety.

The news of Jingling City was the only pillar of support for all the refugees, the last glimmer of hope in their minds. He could guarantee that if there were authoritative news saying that Jingling City was finished, everyone here, including himself, would probably be plunged into infinite panic until they collapsed.

Or perhaps Jingling City was just a hope, regardless of whether they could ultimately reach or enter it. Everyone had that hope in their hearts: to arrive there and perhaps survive!

In fact, rumors had been spreading for a long time, saying that Jingling City had also fallen. Since it wasn't official military news, no one among the refugees wanted to believe it, because it was their last flame of hope.

Andrew looked at the endless crowd of people and suddenly had a thought. If Jingling City had fallen, where would his flame of hope be? Would he wander aimlessly or succumb to the insects?

"I still have vitality, I can still cultivate!" Andrew said to himself internally. "Even if I'm wandering aimlessly, I will keep going."

His father once warned him that even in the darkest clouds, there will always be a time when they pass. Never lose heart, otherwise you won't see the sun emerge from behind the clouds.

Andrew's thoughts drifted further and further away, until the sound of someone boarding the vehicle brought him back to reality. The captain of the Awakening Guard had arrived!

------------------