Chapter 53 I Am the Spy

Andrew had heard from Qian Demore that the military had always hoped that the awakening guard team of the school could join the military's organization of awakened warriors to escort the urgently needed individuals. But the guard team's foundation was in the school, and they would never abandon it. Andrew had also refused Captain Du's invitation, which made the military value the long-faced group so much.

Although the long-face group had committed many crimes, their strengths and weaknesses were equally obvious. They were greedy and hoped to receive huge rewards after reaching Jinling City. Perhaps this was why they were willing to offend the guard team and throw Jay-den out to protect Old Man Zhu's intentions.

The military was the most powerful organization in this era and could satisfy the long-face group's appetites.

However, Andrew no longer cared about these things. He only wanted to figure out how to kill the long-face man.

Andrew knew that Captain Du wouldn't single-handedly take down the long-face man for his sake, and the long-face man's brothers wouldn't agree either. With just the long-faced man's words, those people would fight him to the death. They naturally knew the principle of strength in numbers. Therefore, he had no regrets about not negotiating conditions with Captain Du at that time. He knew that even if he did, Captain Du wouldn't agree. Captain Du wanted a complete long-face team.

Now, if he wanted to kill the long-face group, he could only rely on himself.

Andrew sat discreetly among the somewhat smelly crowd, with a body lying next to him, as thin as a skeleton. That person had probably starved to death, but the people around him completely ignored it.

There was a commotion in the bus convoy from the school, and then one of the buses separated and slowly headed towards the military gathering point, packed with people.

He suddenly remembered that Marguerite seemed to still be on Bus No. 1. He should be considered to have voluntarily left the awakening guard team, so she probably couldn't continue to enjoy that spot. But he couldn't manage that much anymore. Everyone had their own fate.

Andrew thought about his current abilities. When his Qi was abundant, he could already kill ten red-armored beetles.

Just now, after firing the gun fiercely, he used up more than half of his vitality. Then, he continued to fight fiercely, and there was not much vitality left in his body. He barely managed to use it to craft a new Six-Armor Elemental Symbol.

He ran out of bullets and there was no way to replenish them temporarily, but it wasn't urgent. The most important thing now was to find a bow in Kun City.

Just as he was about to get up and catch up with the bus, Andrew noticed that someone was following him in the crowd. He immediately put his hand on the Thousand Defeat Sword and continued to move without making a sound, just in a different direction.

He stopped and drew his sword when he reached a slightly open area surrounded by field ridges, scaring away several people who were walking nearby.

The gradually emerging figure from behind turned out to be Mantra and Jack.

Andrew was somewhat puzzled. Could it be that Zhang Nan sent them to bring him back? But upon further thought, it didn't make sense. If Zhang Nan wanted to send someone, it should be Qian De Duo.

He remained on guard and didn't plan to speak first, wanting to see what the other party meant.

Mantra spread his hands and smiled self-consciously, "Bro Chu is really cautious, finding such a place to talk."

Seeing that Andrew remained unmoved and vigilant, Mantra touched his nose and said, "Can you give me a cigarette first? Let's chat slowly!"

Andrew didn't say anything or give him a cigarette, just smiled. Ding Yan had left a deep impression on him when dealing with the tentacle monsters. Before understanding his intentions, he didn't dare to relax his guard. People in this era were often the most unreliable.