Chapter 69 I Believe in Him

"Captain! Captain!" A sentry ran over nervously, holding an automatic rifle, saluted, and whispered, "Captain, all the bodies of the bugs behind us are gone!!!"

"What!" Captain Du blurted out. Those were more than thirty red armored beetle bodies that had taken over three hours to collect. How could they suddenly disappear?

The sentry lowered his voice and said worriedly, "I saw Mr. Chu go there. After he came out, those bodies were gone!"

Captain Du suddenly looked up, watching Andrew who had already passed by them and was walking towards the professors' meeting room, feeling shocked and desperate in his heart: How did he do it? Could it be that he really gained his abilities by devouring monster bodies, as the legends said? Thinking of the disgusting appearance of those worms with their sticky mucus, Captain Du felt his stomach cramp!

However, Captain Du quickly adjusted his emotions and facial expression. Regardless of whether Andrew was human or a monster, as long as he stood on his side, he was an ally. He sternly instructed the sentry in a low voice, "This matter must not be mentioned to anyone. It is already the highest-level secret of the division. From now on, you will be responsible for guarding the back of the building. Do not bother Mr. Chu, let him do as he pleases!"

"Yes sir!" The sentry gritted his teeth and showed a determined look.

"Go!" Captain Du weakly waved his hand. He still needed to explain Andrew's situation to the eight awakened warriors who had just been recruited.

Ignoring their doubts made these newly awakened warriors extremely annoyed. They all expressed their inability to cooperate, unable to blindly follow him and create trouble. Some even demanded a fierce confrontation with Andrew!

"A showdown!?" A sudden voice came from the entrance, and it was Jack who had been assigned by Captain Du to accompany another group of awakened individuals from the military to hunt down a small number of red-eyed monsters. He had just returned and heard the people in the hall questioning Andrew's abilities.

Jack was always straightforward and blunt. He said, "You want a showdown? Bro Chu doesn't pay attention to that, probably because he doesn't want to harm you all. I have never seen anyone survive under his sword, whether it's a monster or a person!..."

The experienced old man raised an eyebrow and interrupted, "Young man, don't brag too much! Swords? The eight of us, with sixteen eyes, have never seen him wield a piece of iron!"

Jack had been working with Andrew for a while, so he knew about Andrew's magical collecting ability. However, he would not casually reveal Andrew's secrets. He shrugged and continued, "I'm just reminding you all. Whether you believe it or not, it's up to you. I never lie to people! Don't just talk about one person, even if all eight of you go up, I dare to bet with my own life that the one who survives in the end will definitely be him!"

As his words fell, a captain with one star and three bars stepped forward from behind and said in a deep voice, "Caption, I trust Jack, so I trust Mr. Chu's abilities!"

Caption Du nodded slightly.

The military soldiers following behind him all stood on the side of this officer and voiced their agreement.

The experienced old man grunted, but didn't say anything more. After all, the other side had a large number of people and seemed very certain. If he continued, it would be the eight of them questioning the military instead of questioning Andrew!

At this moment, Andrew was in a corner of the empty conference room, silently smoking. The scientists' deductions were very complicated and progress was very slow without the assistance of a computer. He had to wait a while longer to obtain the new map of the mist wall conversion.