Chapter 91 Is the Con-gee Delicious?

"Let's go through the radiation zone. It just had a nuclear explosion, so there will be fewer bugs, maybe even none. It's the safest route!" Li Yue pushed his glasses up his nose and said.

"No, ordinary people passing through the radiation zone will either die or get sick!" Zhao Shanhe objected.

"They would die even faster if they encounter a swarm of bugs!" Li Yue retorted.

"Listen to me, my suggestion is to go through the edge of the radiation zone, a compromise for both ends!" Huang Renkuan was a local official during the Sunshine Era, and his rank was not low. Unfortunately, he got separated during the retreat. Now, he calmly expressed his opinion.

Li Yue sneered. If it were during the Sunshine Era, Li Yue would have flattered and fawned over an official like Huang Renkuan. But now, he didn't need to hide too much. However, he didn't want to offend Huang Renkuan too much either. After all, if Huang Renkuan could survive and reach Jinling City, his double identity as an awakened warrior would give him some influence in the official circles.

"Tian, what's your opinion?" Li Yue poked Tian Wei-dai, who was still pretending to be a soldier and dozing off on the side.

Tian Wei-dai jolted awake, feeling a bit flustered. He looked at Li Yue first, then at Huang Renkuan, before finally squeezing out a sentence, "I, I'll listen to Director Huang."

Huang Renkuan was very satisfied with Tian Wei-dai's response. A habitual smile appeared on his face, the same kind he always wore, as if it was a formulaic "kind and friendly" expression.

"Then it's settled. We'll go through the edge of the radiation zone, keeping a safe distance and absolutely not going in. I'll lead the way!" Zhao Shanhe slapped his thigh, and that was how the decision was made.

Li Yue felt some resentment, but there was nothing he could do. The cook hardly spoke or expressed any opinions, and the "witch" was busy spreading her beliefs at the back. Andrew was new, and Li Yue had no intention of asking him.

Even if he had asked, with Zhao Shanhe, Huang Renkuan, and Tian Wei-dai standing on the same side, their numbers gave them the advantage. It was still useless, and although Li Yue was unwilling, he had no choice.

"Narrow-minded! You all only know how to die when encountering a swarm of bugs!" Li Yue muttered quietly, but it didn't escape Andrew's ears.

However, Andrew did not interrupt or express any opinions from beginning to end.

He followed this team and approached the nuclear explosion area. It was probably because of the existence of the aura of heaven and earth. The radiation and other pollution generated after the nuclear explosion did not spread. Instead, it was enveloped by a kind of aura or dark energy, forming a hemispherical region centered on the nuclear explosion. The boundary was very obvious, with completely different colors and worlds inside and outside.

He personally went in to test it, and as expected, as soon as he entered, the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol immediately unfolded its protection, shielding the damage from radiation energy. But as soon as he came out, it disappeared without a trace!

Andrew was not too surprised. The changes in the celestial orbit, the changes caused by the aura, and even the ability to block sunlight were more astonishing than this radiation pollution being restricted to a hemispherical region.

Li Yue's proposal was to pass through this spherical radiation zone and safely cross a certain distance.

In fact, it is not far from Jinling City here, at most one hundred and fifty kilometers, which is less than a two-hour drive in the era of sunlight.