Chapter 25 Citywide Evacuation

Ignoring the shocked crowd behind him, Andrew quickly merged into the darkness, retracting the two headless bodies of the red-armored beetles. With an excited and slightly trembling heart, he flew away.

Destroying a red-armored beetle with one unit of spiritual energy seemed to be not much different from the power of the Freezing Ice Arrow. However, Andrew knew very well that freezing a red-armored beetle with one Freezing Ice Arrow was only possible under ideal conditions and did not have practical combat significance.

In all previous battles, only the first Freezing Ice Arrow could guarantee freezing one red beetle efficiently. When other insects got close to him, he often needed to consume two or even more units of spiritual energy to kill a red-armored beetle!

Not only that, when he was attacked by the ferocious insects at close range, he even faced a life-threatening situation!

Now things were different. Relying on the protection of the battle armor, even in a head-on collision with red-armored beetle, he was not at a disadvantage! Moreover, with one sword strike, as long as he consumed one unit of spiritual energy, it would be effective, fully possessing practical combat significance.

He was confident that if he had a full nine units of spiritual energy now, in battle, there would be no problem in killing at least eight of them.

Carefully wiping the Thousand Defeat Sword clean, Andrew stood on the rooftop of a 20-story building. The slight joy brought about by the battle armor did not last long, as it was quickly washed away by the news brought by the military.

He looked down with mixed feelings at the three Type 99 main battle tanks and the six Type 97 infantry fighting vehicles slowly passing by, their headlights on, and the horns constantly playing the Emergency Notice from the Command Headquarters:

"...

...We call them red-armored beetles...

...We spare no sacrifice, no cost, in an attempt to eliminate these strange insects appearing everywhere...

...There are numerous passages of the insect race in the urban area that cannot be destroyed. Red-armored beetles keep entering our city...

...Now, we have to announce that the situation continues to worsen. Recently, the number of red-armored beetles has once again increased dramatically within the city!...

...Out of control! Extremely dangerous!...

...After careful discussion and resolution by the command headquarters, starting today, the entire city is forced to evacuate! The entire city is forced to evacuate!...

...All the masses who hear this resolution can evacuate with the military. The destination is Jinling City...

...The only good news we have to share is that, according to the research and analysis by scientists, the main urban area of Jinling City has not yet seen any Zerg channels because it contains a large amount of some unidentified substance. The headquarters has decided to establish a new defense system in Jinling City! Our troops have been fighting fiercely for months, sacrificing everything to completely eliminate the red-armored beetles that entered the main city from the outer city. Currently, we are constructing a strong defensive line around the main urban area of Jinling City, successfully preventing multiple invasions by the Zerg...

...As per the headquarters' resolution, starting from the day this notice is issued, the military will hold their ground for another 72 hours. It is necessary for the people who wish to take refuge in Jinling City to leave the city within 72 hours. After 72 hours, the rear-guard troops of the military will make their final retreat, taking on the responsibilities of protecting the people...