Chapter 96 Tangled Warfare

Forcing Huang Renkuan down, Andrew had no other choice. He couldn't leave the roof to deal with the fireflies that had entered the car. Tian Weidai alone couldn't defend the roof. As soon as he stepped back, Tian Weidai would undoubtedly die, and once Tian Weidai fell, the entire vehicle would rely solely on Andrew, which was impossible to defend.

The defensive ability of the fireflies was not strong. Huang Renkuan, who possessed ice abilities, could easily handle them as long as he remained calm, but Andrew never expected Huang Renkuan to be so cowardly!

In the face of monster insects, cowardice meant death. Even if one managed to survive for a while, they would inevitably die in the future. Only by fighting desperately would there be hope. Andrew, who had escaped death multiple times, had long understood this truth.

He kicked Huang Renkuan into the car and ignored him. The situation was critical, and he quickly changed the magazine. He consecutively shot and killed two fireflies that were about to crawl into the car.

The situation on Zhao Shanhe's side was even worse. They were experiencing far more attacks than Andrew. Without turning back, they could hear the continuous sound of fireflies hitting the car windows and Zhao Shanhe's angry shouts.

Andrew and Tian Weidai were already backed against each other by the fireflies. The little tiger lay at his feet, growling softly from time to time, scaring away the approaching insects.

With the current abilities of the little tiger, this was the best it could do. To kill the fireflies, it would have to come down and fight them in close combat. Otherwise, relying solely on its wind-carrying roar would only force the insects to retreat.

However, Andrew noticed that the tiger cub seemed to be more inclined to use its claws, the wind-shape sharp claws, to attack insects that got too close, although the current effect was not particularly noticeable.

At this time, there were still more than twenty fireflies, like green lanterns, surrounding Andrew and Tian Weidai.

Tian Weidai had already been injured, struck by the sharp beak of a firefly. If it weren't for Andrew's timely rescue, he would have been hymen dry.

Andrew's strong attack power and peculiar defense ability made Tian Weidai almost unable to believe it. Sometimes, he would turn his head and see the fireflies hitting Andrew, but for some reason, their beaks couldn't pierce Andrew's somewhat worn-out gray cotton jacket.

Tian Weidai and Zhao Shanhe, just like everyone else, only knew that Andrew was a fire warrior who used guns. However, from the beginning of the battle, he never saw Andrew produce any fire energy for protection. This strange phenomenon puzzled him even more.

In reality, Andrew was not as relaxed as Tian Weidai thought. The Qi protection provided by the second-order Hexagonal Talisman was not long-lasting. As long as the continuous attacks from the green liquid-releasing stabbing insects continued, coupled with their unique stabbing attacks, he might not be able to hold on for long.

Moreover, he was running out of bullets. He couldn't use Tian Weidai's rifle bullets with his pistol. Once the bullets ran out, he would have to use the slower Ice Arrow to deal with the stabbing insects.

The screams inside the bus under Andrew's feet stopped, leaving only faint crying. Although he didn't go down to check, he roughly estimated that Huang Renkuan had still played a role.

Fortunately, the driver was unharmed. Otherwise, not to mention being killed by the stabbing insects, a serious car accident would also cause a lot of casualties among the ordinary people inside.

"I'll go check the back." Andrew quickly dealt with several more insects, greatly reducing Tian Weidai's pressure. He was now able to handle it on his own.