Chapter 141 The siege begins

"Look! What is that!?" Someone pointed towards the north bank, prompting a collective gasp from the onlookers, who had just recovered from the shock of witnessing the tombs' devouring power.

From the blood-red goo covering the ground on the northern side emerged dozens of snake-like creatures, their elongated upper bodies writhing as they rose from the ground. Emitting dazzling fireballs from their mouths, they shot towards the sky, heading straight for Jinling City!

"Take cover! Take cover!"

Some soldiers shouted urgently, reminding their comrades on the western defense line to seek shelter.

Andrew pulled Mantra up, jumped off the container, and firmly pressed against the right angle formed by the container and the ground. No one knew where those fireballs would fall, so it was better to stay stable in a corner than to run around chaotically.

BOOM!

A fireball with a diameter of up to three meters hit the ground of the defense line, immediately exploding with abundant fire energy, fiercely burning the earth and various buildings.

Soldiers and Dark Warriors who were not able to take cover in time screamed and ran around, trying to avoid the raining fire.

The burning contained a strong fire energy, completely different from ordinary flames. Even some Dark Warriors, if hit directly by the fireball, would either die or be severely injured.

Long insect-like creatures kept shooting fireballs one after another, causing chaos in the defense line of the western area.

The Black Independent Regiment, which had not been fully formed, regressed to a state of fighting individually.

"Medics! Medics!" Not far in front of Andrew, two soldiers rushed out of cover, trying to retrieve a comrade who was engulfed in flames, desperately calling for medics.

In the sky above them, another huge fireball came crashing down, about to hit the two soldiers in the blink of an eye.

Andrew already had a rough idea of the power of the fireball. With his armored battle suit and War Armor Elemental Symbol, he could withstand it for a while.

Andrew quickly patted Lu Yu's shoulder and activated the battle suit instantly. He darted out like the wind, intercepting the high fireball in mid-air, shouting, "Lu Yu!"

Swish!

Lu Yu reacted swiftly, understanding Andrew's intention clearly. In an instant, he shot out an ice arrow.

The icy air quickly counteracted the fireball's energy, but one ice arrow was clearly not enough!

Relying solely on the protection of the War Armor Elemental Symbol and the battle suit, Andrew managed to temporarily block the fireball's momentum, causing it to deviate slightly from its course.

The second ice arrow from Lu Yu shot out, firmly embedding into the fireball, preventing it from exploding. The third ice arrow followed, finally freezing the fireball!

"All Ice-Element Dark Warriors, release your ice energy and contain the fireball!" Andrew threw away the "fireball" emitting intense cold and shouted loudly!

These flames fueled by fire energy couldn't be extinguished by ordinary water. They could only be restrained by ice energy.

Andrew called for all his thirty-plus troops to join the battle. However, only a few responded.

"As the commander of the Black Independent Regiment, I order: cooperate with Andrew. All Ice-Element Dark Warriors, execute the mission of containing the fireball! Anyone who disobeys or retreats will be executed on the spot!" Zhu Lingdie, with a trumpet in hand from somewhere, fearlessly stood on a high ground amidst the flying fireballs, sternly commanding.