Chapter 57 Choice

The red-eyed monsters can reach up to two meters when fully expanded. Their bodies resemble a gray canvas with crisscrossing dark red tendons. On top of their heads is a mouse-sized eyeball, which turns gray-brown after death. From the eyeball downwards, the entire middle part can wriggle like the core of a flower.

Andrew observed the red-eyed monsters repeatedly, even stomping on them hard on the ground, but he couldn't squeeze out the kind of mist he wanted.

Could it be that when the red-eyed monsters died, the mist disappeared? Andrew pondered and took out the symbol of take in vitality, trying to absorb the elemental energy of the red-eyed monsters.

After a while, faint ice patterns appeared on the symbol of take in vitality, only about one-fifth of the pattern formed by a red-armored beetle's flame energy. It can be seen that the level of elemental energy of the red-eyed monsters is much lower than that of the red-armored beetles.

Andrew speculated that this might also be a reason why the defense ability of the red-eyed monsters was much weaker than that of the red-armored beetles. Although in general, the defense of ice energy is stronger than that of fire energy at the same level, there is still a significant difference if the difference is too large. Moreover, the red-eyed monsters did not have a hard shell for protection.

However, he still couldn't find that mist. The symbol of take in vitality only absorbed pure ice or fire elemental energy, and seemed to have no reaction to other aspects.

Andrew put away the symbol of take in vitality, had a sudden thought, and unsealed the battle armor talisman from his body, trying to infuse the corpses of the red-eyed monsters into the battle armor.

The battle armor showed no response. This battle armor, which was completely made from insect shells, had no intention of absorbing this piece of fabric-like thing. On the other hand, Thousand Defeat Sword spun in the air and extracted a trace of blue mist from the body of the red-eyed monster. This was exactly the mist that Andrew had been looking for.

The mist on the dead red-eyed monsters was not much. Andrew released all the corpses of the red-eyed monsters, letting Thousand Defeat Sword extract them, but he could only see a faint trace, which made him somewhat disappointed.

Inside the crimson body of Thousand Defeat Sword, there were some faint blue ripples, but they were very few. If one didn't observe carefully, they wouldn't notice it.

There is already some red-armored beetle dead body in the Material-Storage Elemental Symbol. Andrew tried to cut the beetle's shell with the Qian Bi sword, but the sharpness did not change or improve at all. It can be seen that the blue mist can only be used to break through the elemental defense layer. However, he can't find any red-armored beetles to experiment with now.

Andrew glanced at Jack, who was dozing off, and ultimately dismissed the idea of using the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol on him to test the sword, fearing that he would not be able to control the strength and accidentally injure Jack.

On second thought, Thousand Defeat Sword didn't absorb much mist, and the effect of the experiment might not be obvious. It would be better to wait and gather more red-eyed monsters in the future.

However, when thinking about those gathered red-eyed monsters, Andrew actually didn't have the courage to provoke them.

At this moment, there was the sound of footsteps coming from outside the door. Andrew quickly collected everything on the ground into the storage talisman, not even having the chance to activate the battle armor. Then, a group of men and women rushed in. When they saw Andrew and Jack, they were all stunned!

Jack, who was awakened, immediately bounced up from the sand and nervously assumed a fighting posture.

There were a total of nine people, five men and three women, and a child of about ten years old. Four of them held long iron rods in their hands, and the other four held the shells of red-armored beetles as shields in pairs. The child carried half of a small dog's body on his back.

Andrew put on a friendly smile. Judging from their appearance, they were probably locals who had been living here for a long time. At least one person's cotton jacket had the word "Urban Management" on the back.

He and Jack were just about to find some locals to understand the situation. The green mist in Kun City was too strange everywhere.

These people were very vigilant of Andrew and Jack. They immediately used the beetle shells to block in front of them and held the long iron rods towards the outside. It seemed that they hesitated and did not want to leave.

Andrew pointed at himself and Jack, smiled and struck up a conversation, "We're just passing by and resting here. This is my friend."

Now, Andrew and Jack didn't have any special weapons by their side. Andrew's battle armor hadn't been activated yet, and Jack was even more unarmed.

In addition, they didn't look particularly fierce, and Andrew took the initiative to explain their origins, which eased the tension a bit, but none of the weapons were put down.

One of the women raised her head and said coldly, "Since you're passing by, let's keep our distance. You stay on the left, and we'll stay on the right."

There was a round table in the middle of the cafe, with a piano on it, exactly dividing it into left and right.

Andrew nodded and was about to continue the conversation, but the other party had already retreated to the right side of the round table and seemed unwilling to communicate with Andrew and the others.

He exchanged a glance with Jack and smiled helplessly. Nowadays, human nerves were extremely fragile and sensitive, so it was normal for everyone to be cautious and guard against each other for food!

And they clearly had half of a small dog's meat, so naturally they wouldn't take it lightly when facing these two strangers, Andrew thought.

However, Andrew didn't want to give up. They urgently needed to understand the situation and then follow Captain Du.

Glancing at the food on the table, Andrew casually picked up two half-packed biscuits and two pieces of sesame cakes that they had not had time to tidy up. He planned to use food as an exchange. This method was probably the most effective now.

Just as he stepped onto the round table, he heard a loud bang as the cafe door was kicked open. A disheveled man with a red-armored beetle's leg as a knife leg, carrying a violent and icy energy, burst in, followed by two women.

Slap, slap... In quick succession, several gray shadows broke through the glass windows and rushed in, their red eyes particularly eye-catching.

Andrew was shocked and immediately retreated, activating the battle armor in an instant and drawing out the Thousand Defeat Sword, standing side by side with Jack!

The nine people who had come in earlier quickly held up their shells and extended their long iron rods, retreating towards the back. They seemed to be very experienced.

The red-eyed monsters did not immediately pounce on the disheveled man, but rushed around in chaos, scaring one of the older women into panic and running towards the back.

One of the red-eyed monsters suddenly pounced on the woman, wrapping her up and flying her to the left, leaving the man in shock. He immediately grabbed the other woman and jumped up to run, shouting in panic, "Mom!"

But at this moment, several others also began to dive down one after another, wrapping towards another younger woman. She only had time to cry for help, "Ayu! Honey!" before being wrapped up and instantly separated from the man.

The man who had already rushed halfway stood there dumbfounded!

One side, one world!

Even though Andrew had witnessed countless battles between humans and monsters, he was still shocked to see this false proposition of the Sunshine Era appearing before his eyes, real and cruel!

The toxic mist of the red-eyed monster could quickly kill the people wrapped in it. The disheveled man had to make an extremely painful choice in an instant:

Save his mother or save his wife!

---------