Chapter 43 Joining the Battle

Qian Demuo used to be an ordinary student at Dongshen University. With the ability to kill three Red-armored Beetles, he obtained three spots on Bus No. 1 and was appointed as the leader of the fifth small group by Captain Zhong Nan.

In the Sunshine Era, he wasn't the type of guy that was highly sought after by girls, but now he had become the fifth wheel that everyone was chasing.

Qian Demuo proudly boasted to Jay-den about how their department's beauty used to look down on him but was now clinging to him. As he spoke, Jay-den's heart started to race, so Qian Demuo repeatedly promised to find Jay-den an exceptional girl.

When Andrew was escorting Marguerite to Bus No. 1, she told him that when she was still in the Sunshine Era, she was invited to attend an event and stayed at the five-star hotel where Andrew saved Jay-den.

After the appearance of the insects, they tried to retreat to the headquarters camp under the protection of a unit of soldiers. However, they were attacked by a large group of insects on the way, and even her manager and personal assistant unfortunately died. In the end, the surviving people had no choice but to return to the hotel. Later, when Andrew arrived, during the final evacuation, she was completely lost in the crowd. She thought she was doomed, but inexplicably, someone grabbed her and ran. Afterward, Andrew knew about it.

Andrew didn't know what Marguerite was trying to express with her rambling words, and he didn't care much about her background. He guessed that after temporarily feeling safe, she urgently needed to vent her experiences. However, he wasn't a psychologist and had no intention of comforting her psychologically. In this crumbling world, it was already a miracle to comfort oneself mentally!

After settling Marguerite, Andrew returned to the truck. Ignoring the inconvenience of the battle armor, he quietly sat on the truck bed, making the most of every moment to absorb the elemental energy of nature. Qin Heng and the others didn't dare to bother him anymore.

The fifth small group originally consisted of two people: Qian Demuo as the leader and sophie as a member. Qian Demuo's harmonious communication with Jay-den caused sophie's displeasure, but she was just a member, and she had only recently awakened and could only kill one insect. Her status was not high, so although she was unhappy, she didn't dare to say anything.

She originally wanted to communicate with the man who had instantly killed a Red-armored Beetle with one sword and was wearing ancient armor like an iron bucket about their awakening experiences. However, she only saw that the man had been sitting silently with his eyes closed since he came back and showed no inclination to speak.

Time slowly slipped away in this atmosphere.

After a while, Andrew suddenly opened his eyes, alertly jumping up, causing everyone around him to become tense.

It was the smell of blood, a strong smell of blood!

However, this was not important. What was important was that the smell of blood was coming from the front, not the back. This clearly indicated that something had happened ahead!

Andrew immediately drew out his Thousand Defeat Sword. He always kept his guard up and never let his guard down.

The crimson and sharp Thousand Defeat Sword caused a commotion among some people on the truck. Many team members still had lingering fear from his unstoppable sword technique just moments ago.

Andrew didn't have time to consider what others thought. He leaped lightly and landed on top of the truck, put down the night vision device, and carefully searched for the situation ahead. He wanted to understand the source and intensity of the danger as soon as possible.