Chapter 111 Junior Researcher ID

Jing Tian sat quietly on the cold bench, everything in front of her was both familiar and unfamiliar. Half a year ago, she had sat alone on this garden bench in front of the experimental building, holding a book scented with loose ink, immersing herself in the world depicted in the book.

Half a year later, she was still sitting here, but what had changed was that things were no longer the same, and what awaited her was not the school bell but terrifying experiments with uncertain life or death.

"Number 5, prepare to enter the laboratory."

Jing Tian gently closed the diary page, and a slightly yellowed photo accidentally fell out of the book. She bent down her slender waist and picked it up, rubbing the clean thumb lightly on the faces of everyone in the photo, as if she could hear their laughter from the past. Her soft mouth slightly curled up, and a hint of clarity could be seen in her serene eyes. Her finger finally stopped on a boy's face.

She calmly inserted the photo into the front page, holding the book against her chest, and walked towards the cold door. Inside that door, several pairs of eyes were coldly scrutinizing her.

Jing Tian lightly stepped inside the door and moistened her lips, saying, "Let's begin!"

Bang!

A loud noise!

The door of the waiting room was pushed open.

"Jing Tian!"

Jing Tian's delicate back trembled like thunder. She turned around as if in a dream, and her diary fell to the ground, "Brother!"

Disbelief, suspicion, shock, joy, oppression, melancholy... various emotions were released in her eyes one by one.

Andrew rushed over like the wind in three steps and one leap, "Don't you want to live anymore!?"

He already knew that the so-called new food experiment was actually a method used by the General Research Department to solve the increasingly severe food crisis. They would collect strange insects and organisms from outside the city, analyze, process, and then find human volunteers to try eating these processed foods. They would gather reaction data from the volunteers and dissect the bodies of those who died in failed experiments. Step by step, they would improve the processing methods and procedures for these new food sources, ultimately aiming to convert monsters and organisms into usable new food sources for humans!

What was terrifying was that this type of experiment had an on-site death rate of over 50%, and even those who survived would suffer significant health damage!

With such a high death rate, there are still people willing to come voluntarily for experiments. These people's thoughts are naturally not written in the "Voluntary Agreement" for the hope of humanity's future, but for food and medicine. All volunteers for the experiment will receive a certain amount of food and medicine. For this reason, many people "voluntarily" participate in this experiment like moths to a flame.

"Brother, is it really you?" Jing Tian threw herself into Andrew's arms, holding him tightly, afraid that he would disappear like a dream.

Andrew gently felt her trembling spine, clearly feeling her fear and shivering. She risked her life to exchange for food and medicine. What right does he have to blame her? Andrew took a deep breath. "Don't be afraid, it's your brother."

"Hey! Are you still going to do it?" Director Lu in the lab behind the table said coldly.

"Shut up!" Andrew glanced at him fiercely, grabbed Jing Tian's cold hand, and said, "Let's stop! We don't need food! Let's go!"

He said "we" three times in a row and walked away with Jing Tian.

Director Lu slapped the table and snorted coldly, "She signed the 'Voluntary Agreement'! She has taken the things! We must do it!" Andrew did not have the insignia of the three major departments on him, so he dared to speak like this.