Chapter 100 Cater-an

Duan Danian was originally a fat man with a height of 1.83 meters. Although there was a shortage of food for a while, the foundation of the Sunshine Era was still there. It's just that his previously bulging belly had shrunk inward by a circle, but it couldn't reduce his self-satisfied momentum.

He was originally from Wucheng in southern Anhui. After the great changes in the world, he fled to Jinling City alone and unexpectedly awakened along the way, joining a group of brothers who escaped death.

In theory, he should have been thriving in Jinling City and didn't need to leave the city to take risks. However, a few days ago, a man named "Thirteen Lord" appeared, accompanied by a fiercely capable subordinate. He gathered a group of people and managed to beat Duan Danian and his brothers to a pulp, causing two deaths.

What's hateful was that this guy not only had connections with the military and the government, but even the upper echelons took care of him. Even in Jinling City, where several organized awakened groups had secretly formed, one of them declared support for this "Thirteen Lord". Duan Danian had no way to complain, and neither the black nor the white side could match this guy. Naturally, his good territory was taken away.

After being frustrated for an afternoon, Duan Danian finally came up with a way out, which was to engage in robbery under the Qinglong Mountain.

It's really a good place, this Qinglong Mountain. At the foot of the mountain was Shenling Gao, blocking the traffic route to Jinling City for at least 30 kilometers in all directions. Both north and south were intermittent small mountains with rugged roads that were not suitable for travel. That's why, from the eastern cities, more than half of the refugees fleeing to Jinling City had to take this Shenling Gao road.

To survive, one must have food. The military did provide them with some opportunities to exchange for food, but Duan Danian estimated that it was a matter of tying their heads to their waistbands, and he didn't have the courage to do that. He could only rob some food among these refugees.

"Big, big brother, someone is coming!" said a skinny man with a stutter, holding a pair of binoculars.

"How many people? What's the situation?" Duan Danian pulled his hand out of the clothes of the seductive woman sitting on his lap, thinking about the sixteen or seventeen-year-old girl he caught yesterday. She was fair-skinned and attractive, but a bit skinny due to hunger.

"Th-th-three, f-f-four, f-f-five, s-s-sixty!" stammered the skinny man.

"Can't you count, you idiot!" Duan Danian kicked him in the buttocks, snatched the binoculars, and looked through them. He exclaimed, "Good! These are all weak and vulnerable, women and children. Look at their pitiful state, struggling to walk, some even needing stretchers. They are like fat lambs, perfect targets. Let's get to work, brothers!"

******

There is an old saying, "Running towards the mountain will tire even the horse."

Indeed, it holds true!

Huang Renkuan became spirited as soon as he knew they were nearing Jinling City. He picked up the pace, leaving the struggling crowd behind, who could barely keep up.

Even when they saw the helicopters that had flown over their heads before, Huang Renkuan didn't bother to curse at them anymore. He was just glad that they had one less helicopter.

"We're almost there! Let's give it one last push! Before it gets dark, we will definitely enter the city!" Zhao Shanhe encouraged the crowd loudly, ignoring his own injuries.

Although these people, including Lao Cui, had temporarily solved their food crisis with Chu Yunsheng's worm meat, they had been starving for too long. Their bodies were weak and frail, and it couldn't be recovered in just a day or two. Now, they had walked nearly five or six kilometers on foot, and everyone was panting heavily.