Chapter 10 Ambush!

Andrew was so excited that he could hardly sleep. He didn't have to wait two more years to enter the realm of level 2. Now his goal was to kill at least two hundred and forty-three red-armored beetles!

He had to leave his room and actively enter the darkness to find those lone red-armored beetles and then kill them to absorb their vitality!

Equipped with a new symbol of take in vitality, a pistol, a fold-able and disassembled crossbow with arrows, and a long-sword prepared by the Sun Age, he sealed the Divine-Weapon Elemental Symbol for close combat use.

In addition, Andrew made another Six-Armor Elemental Symbol to enhance his physical fitness and defense. After finishing all this, it was already more than ten days later.

Finding red-armored beetles wasn't difficult. The frequent terrifying screams from a distance and the intense gunfire from the military all indicated the presence of red beetles.

With Andrew's current abilities, it was best to ambush those lone red-armored beetles . If the beetles appeared in groups, he could only flee!

He dismissed the idea of going to the battlefield between the military and the beetles to scavenge. Those were dangerous areas where beetles appeared in groups. Moreover, his method of using Yuan Symbols to absorb vitality was quite strange for humans at present. He did not want to be taken away by the military for investigation, like the Ice Fist Man.

His current goal was those one or two red-armored beetles that acted alone. He didn't even want to face them head-on with three beetles. If the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol couldn't withstand the fierce attacks of the red beetles and their terrifying corrosive saliva, he would regret it too late.

These past few days, the other people in the building have been living in a state of silence. Food is becoming scarce, forcing everyone to discuss whether to evacuate or stay until the military controls the city. This often leads to heated arguments.

At this moment, Andrew walks out of the neighborhood, causing a sigh from many people. However, no one comes to inquire. Many people who couldn't bear it have secretly gone out to try their luck and get some food. But most of them never returned, so Andrew is also considered one of those who went to their deaths.

He finds a secluded corner and takes out the motorcycle prepared by the Sunshine Era from the Material-Storage Elemental Symbol. The brand is very common, just to make it easier to find spare parts in the future.

Wearing the expensive fourth-generation night vision goggles and the accompanying helmet, Andrew revs the engine and drives towards the nearest scream, feeling somewhat cool.

The dark shencheng is no longer the prosperous city it used to be. The occasional passing car headlights resemble ghostly fires in a dead city. The surrounding tall buildings are silent and pitch black, like man-eating monsters.

When Andrew arrives at the location of the scream, he only sees a headless half-body and an empty brain lying under a nearby electric pole, with intestines and blood flowing all over the ground, making it nauseating to look at.

The red-armored beetles shouldn't have gone far. He puts away the motorcycle and sneaks along the wall towards another street, holding a crossbow.

The night vision goggles are a high-performance product of the fourth-generation "no-film gate technology" smuggled in from abroad. This product is highly regulated in China.

To cope with the completely dark age, he also equipped himself with an infrared radiation source. Because the beetles do not emit infrared radiation due to their protective shells, they can only be detected through the reflection of ambient light. But in completely dark areas, an active infrared radiation source becomes a necessary equipment to detect the beetles.

Turning around a corner, and another corner, he doesn't encounter a single red-armored beetle except for a few panicked humans. Andrew shudders and thinks to himself: I guess now, I am the only person in this world who hopes to encounter a beetle!

Just as he was about to leave the area, a piercing scream came from a building opposite to him, followed by a chaotic and terrified shout. Andrew's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly lurked over, vaguely seeing a large hole in the window on the second floor. The situation inside is unclear, but the infrared imaging shows that there are several figures moving on the fifth or sixth floor, not very clear due to the obstruction of the wall.

Andrew's mind focused, relying on the physical abilities enhanced by the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol, he climbed up to the second floor through the hole in the wall and squeezed in.

He is cautious along the way because he doesn't know how many beetles there are due to the many walls blocking his view. He must prevent any unexpected situations.

The screams continue one after another, even mixed with cries, making it extremely piercing in the quiet night!

Andrew climbs up to the fifth floor following the sound, and by now he can clearly see about six people and a red-armored beetle. There are two or three bodies on the ground. The red-armored beetle doesn't seem to be in a hurry to kill these humans. It probably already considers them as prey and is slowly feeding on a human brain.

The few people forced into the corner of the wall huddle together and occasionally let out desperate screams. The night vision goggles cannot see their expressions through the wall, but Andrew is certain that these people must be just as panicked as he was when he first faced the beetles.

The red-armored beetle shook off the drained human brain and looked around the six people with a fearless gaze, as if selecting a more delicious human brain.

In an instant, the six people also understood the intent of the red-armored beetle. They collectively stopped screaming, not wanting to be the first to die. In case this disgusting creature was satisfied and decided to leave, they couldn't be sure.

The greedy gaze of the red-armored beetle quickly stopped on a girl with a beautiful face. The girl who was targeted suddenly felt like she was in hell. Despair, fear, and panic burst in an instant. She cried and held onto the arm of a middle-aged man, loudly saying, "No, not me, not me!..."

The people around her had a complex and contradictory expression of both sympathy and relief that it wasn't themselves.

She looked at the middle-aged man with a glimmer of hope, only to see the despair in his eyes. The man who had once made many promises of love to her even forcefully pulled his arm from her tight embrace!

She felt hopeless. At that moment, she finally had the resolve to die, her heart turning to ashes.

The beetle crawled closer, and she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, she realized she had been pushed away. A figure enveloped her from behind. When she opened her eyes, it was a young boy, the boy who had once said he liked her, the boy who she had coldly rejected before. He turned his head and smiled slightly at her. That smile, under the dim flashlight, seemed so melancholic and touching!

Tears silently streamed down her delicate face, as if time and space had stopped in this moment.

However, the beetle did not stop. It paid no attention to this childish act of humans. If someone was willing to come forward and die, it didn't mind waiting.

The boy resolutely stared at the bloody mouth of the beetle as it approached him. He tightly held the girl's hand, death imminent.

Everyone stared at the boy in shock. Some were moved, others thought he was foolish, but without exception, they all believed the boy was about to die!

Surprisingly, the bloody mouth of the red-armored beetle did not bite down. Instead, it turned abruptly, even with a hint of panic. Immediately after, an arrow carrying a chilling aura pierced through the beetle's protective shield, violently entering its body!

The red-armored beetle barely had time to let out a scream before it was surrounded by hissing cold air, rapidly turning into an ice sculpture!

Everything happened so suddenly, yet so strangely! The red beetle even maintained its posture as if turning back!

For this moment, the six people were almost unable to think! This scene was completely beyond their comprehension!

Following the direction of the arrow, a man wearing a gray coat and a strange helmet, holding a crossbow, was observing them!