Chapter 18 courage and pathway

Andrew counted and found that there were already thirty-eight dead red-armored beetles in the symbol bag, including the earliest six. He was still twenty-two short of the target of sixty!

Pig brain marrow had become Andrew's lifesaver. There were too few isolated red-armored beetles. Even encountering two beetles that acted together made Andrew feel very fortunate!

Of course, even a military armored convoy would not dare to confront a group of beetles head-on.

Beetles liked to eat brain marrow, whether it was human or other animals. In the eyes of the beetles, the heads of all animals on Earth were delicious food. Andrew had successfully lured at least ten red-armored beetles with pig brain marrow.

But recently, the effect was not very good. Last time, he almost had his pig head stolen by hungry people!

That was pig head meat!

Later, Andrew became more clever. He took out the pig brain marrow, mixed it with fresh blood, and placed it next to human corpses on the roadside. Sure enough, no one dared to pick up the pig brain marrow again!

Andrew guessed that it might be because it was not fresh enough. The number of times the red-armored beetles were fooled became fewer and fewer. Now, basically no beetles came to visit.

He was thinking about how to get some isolated beetles when the female teacher and her students walked into the hall.

They probably finished eating. There wasn't much left in the half pot, let alone with so many people.

This group of people hesitated and walked towards him, causing Andrew to frown. It was certain that something was going on again. He didn't want to help these children, not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't have the time. How could he have the ability to pretend to be a fake hero at this time!

He regretted not leaving earlier.

The female teacher gratefully said to him, "Thank you for your help. I am a teacher from the 21st Middle School in shen city. My name is..."

Andrew quickly interrupted her, "Alright, alright, I don't want to know these things. Personally, I think in your current situation, you should go to the military or the government as soon as possible. You are all students, and the military should take care of you."

His interruption made the female teacher a bit embarrassed, but she still explained with a determined tone, "We have tried to find the military, but there are too many people and they can't handle it. Sir, I'm not asking for food from you again. One of my students has had a high fever for three days. If there is no special medicine, she may not be able to hold on!"

Andrew was taken aback. He sympathized, but he didn't have any medicine either. Prescription drugs in the Age of Light required a prescription from a hospital. He didn't have the energy to get many of them. He had some common medicines, but they were not helpful for such a high fever. He could only reluctantly say, "I'm sorry, I don't have that kind of medicine either!"

The female teacher quickly said with an expectant tone, "There is a community hospital not far ahead. I have taken the students there, but there are beetles there. Can you... please help us!"

"I'm sorry!" Andrew thought for a moment and refused. He had been to that hospital before. There were three red-armored beetles at the entrance, and it was even more dangerous inside. Although he sympathized with this girl, he was not noble enough to risk his own life for someone else.

The atmosphere became very awkward.

Andrew felt that it was his right to help or not. Risking his life for a stranger was not a good idea. He was about to get up and leave!