Chapter 59 Mist Wall

The man leading the way is named Wang, Wang. He tells Andrew that during the Sunshine Era, he was a city inspector, so no one is more familiar with the area than him.

When the red-armored beetles arrived, he didn't have time to escape and was later trapped in the mist. He warns Andrew not to wander around as it is easy to lose direction in the mist.

Wang leads Andrew and Jack to hide under a telecommunications office building. The road sign shows it as life Road. Further ahead is a dense fog that looks like a wall. They cannot see anything beyond the fog, and the fog is denser than any other place they have passed.

When Andrew and Jack were tracking Captain Du, they crossed several mist walls. Each time, they lost sight of Captain Du's whereabouts due to the fog. They could only find them again by following Mantra's marks after a long search.

Wang cautiously says, "Follow me and don't run around!" Then he leads them into the mist wall.

Andrew and Jack follow closely behind.

After the three of them pass through the mist wall, they find themselves in a square with an abandoned fountain in the middle. Behind the square is a department store.

Not far from where the three of them are, a road sign is tilted on the side of the road, and it says: People's Road!

It was clearly life Road just now, how did it become People's Road in an instant? Andrew is puzzled, and he hears Jack exclaiming behind him, "Bro Chu, I understand!"

Andrew asks, "What do you understand?"

Jack comes over with a map and draws a circle on life Road, then another circle on People's Road in the city center, and draws a straight line, staring at Andrew in shock, saying, "Look, by passing through this mist wall, we have bypassed several kilometers of road! No wonder last time when we passed through the mist wall in the park, we ended up in a branch of the Industrial and Commercial Bank. I was confused at the time, but when I saw Captain Du, I forgot about it."

Andrew takes the map and slides his finger along the line Jack drew, and he is also shocked. It turns out to be like this, no wonder they got more disoriented the more they turned.

At this moment, Wang says in a low voice, "Keep your voice down. You will know in a few days. Now the whole Kun City is divided into nine sections by these mists, and no one has ever been able to walk out of these nine mist areas!"

Andrew is stunned and points to the mist wall behind him, "Nine sections? Are they all separated by these mist walls?"

Wang nods, takes Jack's pen, and draws another straight line on the map, perpendicular to the line drawn by Jack, saying, "As far as I know, there are a total of nine sections. I don't know if there are more." Then he points to the line he drew with the pen tip, continuing, "After passing through that side just now, we arrived at this square. If we want to go back, it's not there anymore, it's here!"

Saying that, he circles another location on the map, pointing and saying, "It's here, and then we have to pass through this mist area, go to the opposite mist wall, pass through it, and then immediately return, and we will reach our destination."

Wang finally circles another location at the bottom of the map heavily.

Andrew's head feels a little dizzy listening to this, staring blankly at the map with several circles. What the hell is this?

Jack interrupts, "How do you know all of this?"

Wang chuckles lightly, "The mist has been in Kun City for a long time! We scoured every street and alley to find food. I used to be a city inspector, sensitive to directions and locations, so I made notes. But this thing is too complicated, I'm just a city inspector, I haven't read many books, so I don't understand the rules!"

Andrew pondered for a moment and asked in confusion, "Can't we just walk through each direction of the nine regions and make a record to figure it out?"

Wang sighed and explained, "We had the same idea at first, but the more we walked, the more confused we became. Many people are still lost inside and don't know their way in or out. Later, we found out that approximately every twelve hours, the pattern changes. For example, just now we walked from life Road to people's Road. If we were to walk through again after two hours, it wouldn't be people's Road anymore, it could be east Road or even west Road! Nobody knows."

"It changes too?!" Andrew felt a chill in his heart. This meant that every twelve hours, the entire Misty City would have a different map!

At that moment, screams of humans came from the distance. All three of them were startled. Wang hurriedly said, "Let's go quickly. I know the way I walked today, but if the pattern changes again after two hours, we will all be lost!"

Andrew felt uneasy but didn't dare to delay. He followed Wang and walked through the mist wall once again.

Now they appeared at a small river, and not far to the right was a low bridge filled with many cars. In the green mist, it wasn't very clear.

Wang emphasized that they must go to the mist wall on the other side, pass through, and then turn back to reach the place he mentioned. Time was pressing, so the three of them didn't dare to stay and quickly rushed to the bridge along the river, climbing up from the top of the cars.

At that moment, a cannon barrel appeared in the distance, followed by a blurry shadow of a tank in the mist. Andrew didn't have time to hide anymore. He immediately put away his armor, pulled down his knitted hat to cover his head, and pulled Jack and the others to the side.

It was Captain Du's group!

The tank slowly drove onto the low bridge. Andrew turned his body to the side and pretended to be talking to Jack, who also had a thick hat on. His heart was pounding. He didn't expect to encounter each other like this before the ambush even started.

The bridge was relatively narrow, and the tracks of the three tanks almost ran over the roofs of the cars, making a creaking sound.

The soldiers sitting on the tank had somewhat low morale and were bouncing along with the tank's movement.

On the following infantry fighting vehicle, there were long-face man and their comrades, who seemed drowsy and lacked energy.

Andrew didn't see Captain Du or the long-face man. He speculated that they should be inside the armored vehicle. However, he did see Mantra, whom Jack was most worried about. Mantra was sitting on the back of the infantry fighting vehicle, chewing on something and constantly chewing.

At this moment, someone suddenly jumped off the armored vehicle, holding a submachine gun and walking towards the three of them. Andrew's heart skipped a beat. He immediately gave Jack a signal and whispered, "Get ready to fight! Remember, if we can win, we fight; if we can't, we run!"

Wang heard that he seemed to be about to fight against the military and was frightened, his legs weakened, but fortunately, Andrew held him back.

Just at that moment, a person crawled out from the armored vehicle and said, "After crossing the bridge, it's time for dinner. Those who are still alive, register and get food!"

The soldiers who were about to come over immediately picked up their guns and hurriedly ran back as if they were afraid of missing out on food.

Andrew and the other two breathed a sigh of relief. It would be best if they were not discovered now. Otherwise, once they became cautious, the difficulty of the ambush would greatly increase.

The three of them quickly crossed the low bridge and headed straight for the mist wall on the other side.

Cross over, then come back through.⚗︎·⚗︎ ( ⁼̴̤̆◡⁼̴̤̆ ) (ͼ̤͂ ͜ ͽ̤͂)✧

......