Chapter 67 The Operation Begins

Du Qishan didn't think for too long and agreed. Andrew had been staring at him closely, and he didn't have many other choices. The thought of that flame monster made his heart tremble. It was something he couldn't resist.

Because of Gan Zi Qiang's mutation, the awakened soldiers from the military had taken care of his comrades. Jack's ambush didn't have much meaning anymore. Andrew asked him to temporarily follow the military's actions. His own plan was too risky for Jack.

His plan was to attack those disgusting meat worms. According to Professor Sun's explanation, those monsters should belong to the direct-cavity class of organisms. Andrew had encountered this kind of monster once before. It had a body length of ten meters and liked to entwine itself on the branches of plants outside. The color of its body could change in various ways, disguising itself as a giant vine of a living creature.

The food for the meat worms, besides the strange fruits of giant creatures, were those red-eyed monsters and humans. Andrew even found the terrifying carcasses of small sharp-toothed monsters and clawed monsters in their excrement a long time ago. However, he had never seen these creatures alive in the fog, and he didn't know why.

It had no scales or shells. The wriggling meat looked like it had no protective ability, but that was not the case. Andrew used all the attack methods he could with the Thousand Defeat Sword filled with Yuan Qi, such as chopping, slashing, stabbing, and picking. However, that mass of meat was sticky and slippery, with an incredibly strong elasticity and toughness. Andrew had never seen anything like it before! Sometimes, even with the sharpness of the Thousand Defeat Sword, he could only pull up its skin and flesh, but he couldn't pierce through it.

Facing it, Andrew wasn't completely helpless. He was the only one who had some special methods, relying on his abundant Qi. While competing with the meat worm in consuming Qi, he used the strong corrosive sticky liquid of the red armor beetle to burn it, destroying the flexibility of its flesh, until the Thousand Defeat Sword could chop it into several sections.

Andrew had a large amount of this corrosive sticky liquid in his Material-Storage Elemental Symbol, which had not been used yet. As a result, the more he saved, the more he accumulated. In order to save space in the Material-Storage Elemental Symbol, he had even discarded a lot of them.

Dealing with a meat worm required a large amount of Qi from Andrew. This was exactly why Andrew wanted to find the meat worm, to quickly train his Qi in battle, and repeat the process of replenishing and releasing Qi.

Of course, he could also train his Qi with Seal Symbols, but in that case, there were only about ten remaining symbols of take in vitality, which were not enough to replenish the massive amount of Qi needed for him to advance to the LV2.

He had to fight to nourish the fight, take risks to attack the meat worm, and replenish a large amount of Qi.

The cultivation of the LV1 was simply a mechanical repetition of hammering the body. The Qi inside the body was constantly being trained, coming in and going out, as if a first-grade elementary school student was tirelessly practicing writing strokes, becoming proficient, proficient, and more proficient, without any shortcuts.

Simple moves practiced to the extreme became ultimate moves, and that was the LV1. Simple hammering practiced to the extreme became the pinnacle realm.

The principles behind all of this, as well as the numerous cultivation laws and rules, needed to be gradually understood, comprehended, and integrated after he reached the LV2.

This was the cultivation method given to him by the ancient book, from imitation when he knew nothing to gradually advancing through levels of comprehension, step by step, steadily improving his Elemental Level and abilities.

Andrew looked at his watch. There were still more than five hours until the next rotation of the Jiugong Mist Wall. He got the latest mist wall passage map from Fang Ziwen and made an appointment with General Du. In five hours, he would return to Jinjiang Building and have General Du prepare the monster corpses he wanted.

And in the following three days, he will return every twelve hours. In addition to the bodies of those monsters, he also needs to replace the latest mist wall passage map deduced by the professors.

The red-eyed monsters do not have much energy, but there are a lot of them. They are constantly getting into trouble and can only flee in desperation. So Andrew has been avoiding them along the way. Fortunately, the meat worms usually appear on the middle branches of giant plants, saving him a lot of trouble!

The most dangerous ones are those flame bird-like monsters that love to prey on meat worms. With each flap of their illusory and beautiful wings, they can create clusters of crimson flames, like burning fireballs. A large amount of fire energy pours out, overwhelming even ordinary humans, let alone slightly weaker awakened warriors who can be burned to ashes.

Captain Du's team has already formed up. They not only have to fulfill Andrew's conditions, but also gather the remaining awakened warriors in Kun City to make the maximum preparations for the battle against the mist source body in three days.

Andrew chose the opposite direction from them, coming out from Zone 9 and arriving at Zone 2, the central area of the city where he had been before.

This used to be the most prosperous and bustling area in Kun City, where every inch of land was precious. There were countless shops and businesses, but now it is in ruins, shrouded in faint mist, a mess.

The buildings are surrounded by groups of giant plants, and Andrew climbs up using a vine with a diameter of two meters. The vine is a bit slippery and occasionally trembles as if it has a life of its own. Andrew carefully climbs from one end to the other, and at the other end, he passes through a window of a tall building.

Just a while ago, behind that building, Andrew saw a meat worm hunting. He quickly turned back and prepared to sneak past using the vine that passes through the building, launching a surprise attack on the meat worm with the corrosive slime of the crimson beetle.

This building used to be a bookstore, and the books inside are now scattered all over the ground, with some burned into piles of firewood, seemingly burned by someone for warmth. But now, besides a few bodies, there are no more living people.

Stepping on the ashes and scattered papers, Andrew quickly arrives at the window on the opposite side. The giant vine continues to extend upwards into the air, and another slightly thinner branch passes through underneath the vine, forming a cross shape, hanging down towards the ground. The meat worm is attached to the branch, preying on the red-eyed monsters from the lower level, about three or four of them.

The way the meat worm preys is quite simple. Its two large mouths in the front and back can open wide and create a powerful suction whirlwind. The red-eyed monsters resist this suction forcefully, but they are still gradually sucked into the significantly enlarged mouth.

Andrew has already taken out the corrosive slime wrapped in the flesh of the crimson red-armored beetles, and with extreme caution, he approaches it from the large vine, staying at the cross section. When only the last red-eyed monster is left, he immediately jumps up lightly, slides down along the downward branch, and with a slight shake of his left hand, a large amount of corrosive slime pours onto the meat worm's body, even some of it falling into its other large mouth!

The meat worm has no eyes and completely relies on the vibrations and sense of smell to detect enemies and prey. Andrew, protected by the Six-Armor Elemental Symbol and battle armor, is completely isolated from the smell, so it is not until he jumps up significantly onto the branch where the meat worm is that it senses him due to the vibrations.

However, obviously, it is too late to dodge. Covered in corrosive slime, the meat worm, aware of the danger, violently wriggles its body, abandoning the last red-eyed monster that is still not in its mouth and quickly lunges towards Andrew!