Chapter 109 "Special Grade" of Research Department

The old man who "took over the magpie's nest" was extremely scared at this moment. He had been living here for a while and knew very well what kind of person Boss bai was. Although he wasn't ruthless enough to kill without blinking, he wasn't a good person either.

This area belonged to Boss bai, and while he hadn't done anything outrageous yet, no one dared to provoke him. Even though his son was a peripheral member of the Research Department, he still had to follow Boss bai's orders and provide them with the so-called security fee every week. After all, who made his son a peripheral member of the Research Department?

Nowadays, the world was in chaos, and the police were no longer effective. Those dark warriors weren't even afraid of guns anymore. Apart from the military, only the black warriors who occupied their own territories could control them. The military had to concentrate on the outer defense lines and didn't have spare troops to take care of every corner of the city. They only protected the key areas of important units, and the headquarters tacitly allowed their existence.

Since his son got lucky and joined the peripheral team of the Research Department, they had a stable source of food and his son even exchanged it for a new house. This big family finally settled down and offered regular tribute to Boss bai. Other than a few instances when some black warriors secretly sneaked into the building and raped a few girls from other families, or when a few thieves came to steal food, their family had been peaceful without any major incidents.

Just a while ago, this young man suddenly broke in with two black warriors. He initially thought they were "rapists" or "robbers" who came to steal food, so his first reaction was to lock the women in the master bedroom and prepare to fight with his handgun. However, he was no match for them and was instantly subdued.

What surprised him even more was that this person wasn't here to kidnap or steal food, but something even more terrifying - he was a relative of the original homeowner.

A family with a black warrior relative would guarantee their status in Jinling City, as long as the black warrior wasn't too weak. If this black warrior was ordinary, he could barely resist him based on his son's status, and he might even get the house back.

However, the person in front of him was too powerful, too formidable. Not to mention that everyone in the car treated him with utmost respect, even Boss bai didn't dare to provoke him. His people had their shoulder slashed by him and could only swallow their pride and say a few good words. Such a black warrior was not someone their family could provoke.

The house was extremely important in this dark era of Jinling City. Although a small amount of food could be exchanged for a house, it only showed the extreme importance of food, not that the house wasn't valuable. Before his son got the house, their whole family had slept on the street, in the open space of the community, and had been driven away, constantly hiding.

The cold could take away the lives of people sleeping on the street at any time, and someone could quietly tear open your daughter's clothes in the middle of the night. Even the next day, the child in your arms might be gone.

Food was never stored for the next day, it had to be eaten quickly, otherwise those hungry ghosts lurking around might make sure you never wake up again.

Only houses, and protected houses at that, can escape these nightmares. Although still cold and bitter, at least you can cover yourself with a blanket, at least you don't have to worry about being killed and robbed of food at any time, at least you won't let a woman get pregnant without knowing who the father is.

However, now, the old man is panicking, he doesn't know what to do, his mind is a mess, he is conflicted. On one hand, he imagines that this person in front of him cannot find his relatives, so naturally he won't come to claim the house, but he is afraid that he will take out his anger on him and kill his whole family. On the other hand, he hopes that this person can find the original landlord, but on the other hand, if that happens, the house will not be protected anymore!