Chapter 127 Second Cooperation

"It's already the tenth day today, Qi Xuan hasn't come to see me yet!" The voice in the smoke was somewhat cold and also tinged with a hint of sadness.

"Are you saying his 'true self' is already dead!?" Andrew also fell into contemplation. Holding onto the ancient book, this huge secret, his thoughts and scope were much broader than Mantra's. His first reaction was whether the cloaked figure was the extraterrestrial demon mentioned by the ancient book predecessor? And then, was the item the cloaked figure was looking for the ancient book left behind by the predecessor?

A series of questions pierced his mind like lightning, making him restless. He hadn't even figured out the details of the ancient book predecessor, how could he understand all these issues?

"Yes, a few days ago, I used Zhu Lingdie's matter as an excuse to go see him, testing him discreetly. I can assure you he is no longer the original Qi Xuan," Mantra said calmly.

"What does that mean? Has the person wearing cape taken control of him, or has he changed himself?" Andrew furrowed his brows. Although it was a dark era now, with all kinds of monsters emerging, this eerie deathly change in consciousness and thinking would make anyone feel a bit horrified.

"I don't know. He behaves as usual, with almost no changes, just that he doesn't remember many things, most notably when he looks at me," Mantra shook his head, only certain that the original Qi Xuan was "dead."

"Have you seen the cloaked figure yourself?" Andrew asked calmly, regardless of the actual situation of Qi Xuan, the cloaked figure was the root cause.

" 'No way!' Mantra's tone changed, staring into Andrew's eyes and said, 'Sword Qi! The cloaked figure uses Sword Qi, Chu brother, honestly, at the beginning, I almost thought the cloaked figure was you! Among all the people I've seen, only you can unleash this kind of Sword Qi!'

'What happened next?' Andrew smiled imperceptibly.

Mantra's suspicion was not unfounded, just a slight difference, Andrew's sword combat skills currently were just sword shadows, far from true Sword Qi. There was a slight disparity, however, he couldn't be certain if the cloaked figure's Sword Qi that Qi Xuan mentioned was the same concept as the ancient predecessors' Sword Qi. After all, different eras, different levels, the terminology for the same thing could vary greatly, like dark energy and vital energy.

'Qi Xuan made it clear that the cloaked figure is definitely not our kind, and you, at least, are still human!' Mantra relaxed his tense face, smiling lightly.

Andrew put out his cigarette, gradually calming down, denying the previous idea that the cloaked figure was an extraterrestrial demon. The ancient predecessors in the book repeatedly warned that extraterrestrial demons were extremely powerful, almost unstoppable by humans. Even if the cloaked figure was strong, it was only above Level Five, not to mention a human, even all of Dark Warrior in Jinling City combined couldn't defeat him.

Whether the other party wanted Andrew's ancient book was unknown. However, Qi Xuan mentioned that the cloaked figure was looking for a cube, which seemed unrelated to the ancient book.

Whether the cloaked figure was human, ghost, god, or insect, Mantra had never seen him, so speculating would be futile.

'Is it because of the cloaked figure that you want to kill Duan Danian?' Andrew changed the subject, returning to the original question.

'Yes, you and the cloaked figure both have Sword Qi. Although I don't know the connection, the cloaked figure will eventually find you because of this. If you don't have the strength to confront him, you will be next Qi Xuan!' Mantra said calmly.