Chapter 72 Fusion Body

Bang!

The hall suddenly became quiet. The awakened soldiers were not afraid of ordinary firearms, but as the highest military commander in this place, Captain Du stood high on the service counter and fired a warning shot, which made many awakened soldiers shut their mouths.

At this moment, Tao and others had all returned to the building. They had gathered more than one hundred awakened soldiers, and the hall was already overcrowded and chaotic, everyone having their own opinions.

Captain Du said loudly, "As the highest commanding officer of the regiment, I once again explain that the person in red armor that everyone has heard about is indeed Mr. Andrew, the key figure in this operation. I have reiterated this many times! This is the last time I will explain!" He looked at his watch and said, "Regarding Mr. Andrew's ability, I believe we will soon have an answer."

The thin old man who was the first to be summoned immediately shouted, "Captain Du, this is exactly what we are most concerned about. Although I have not personally witnessed the battle process of the awakened warrior in red armor, many people here have. Based on everyone's descriptions, the abilities of the red armor warrior are indeed very strong, so strong that most of us can only look up to him. However, don't forget that in your plan, he is supposed to resist the flame monsters, not those flesh worms or red-eyed monsters. Although the red armor warrior is powerful, it seems that he can only hunt one or two flesh worms alone. This level of strength, I don't think it's enough to resist the more powerful flame monsters!"

Someone immediately agreed and spoke up, "That's right, I support the old gentleman. I have personally witnessed the red armor warrior hunting flesh worms once, and although I greatly admire his abilities, I don't think that level of strength is enough to deal with the terrifying flame monsters. Originally, we had a glimmer of hope, hoping that Andrew, who was wearing a gray coat, is the red armor warrior. Although the military has revealed that Andrew is the red armor warrior, Andrew himself has never come forward to confirm it, so we still held onto this hope. If the military thinks that bringing out the red armor warrior can convince us to participate in the plan, then it's blatantly deceiving us into going to our deaths!"

"I disagree with what you said!" A woman with a baby wrapped in front of her chest interrupted, "I have also witnessed the red armor warrior's battle, but I think you haven't observed carefully enough. He is the only one I have seen who has no fluctuations in ice and fire attributes when using a sword, can release fire energy when using a handgun, and can even shoot ice energy arrows when using a bow. Has anyone here seen an awakened warrior who can use both ice and fire energy at the same time!? So, I believe and support Captain Du, Andrew is indeed the red armor warrior, and he will definitely be able to deal with the flame monsters!"

...

Captain Du didn't expect that their concerns were not only about Andrew's abilities, but even the red armor that had been rumored was now being questioned again. Even if it was confirmed that Andrew was indeed the awakened warrior in red armor who had been appearing in the mist all along, it would only make these people feel that they had gained a powerful comrade-in-arms, rather than a key figure who could fight against the flame monsters.

These people have survived multiple crises in the City of Mist and are very shrewd. Naturally, they would not risk their lives. Captain Du can only hope that Andrew will come out and calm the situation. Otherwise, once these people disperse, they will not be able to destroy the Mist Source with their limited manpower.

However, after Andrew returned, he locked himself in the room and asked Jack to guard the door for him. Captain Du has already urged Tao Staff Officer several times, but to no avail.