Chapter 13 desperate situation

"Then, do you still know the way now? It's all dark outside!" Andrew asked. If the boy knew the way, the success rate would be greatly increased compared to him wandering around blindly!

The boy nodded and said, "I know! We originally had over thirty people. After being trapped here, we tried to escape from there many times, but we were always forced back by the bugs. By the way, did you come from there?"

Andrew replied without hesitation, "The east side, but I didn't see any bugs!"

The boy said sadly, "The one you just killed was wandering on the east side. Before, we were so hungry that we were going to break through from the side with only one bug. But the bug followed us, and then you know what happened."

Andrew nodded. No wonder there was a half-dead body outside. It was probably a member of this group.

"Young man, let's make a deal. You lead me to Hualian supermarket in the south and the small bridge in the west, and after I'm done, I can escort you to the army. How about that?" Andrew needed the boy to lead the way.

The boy readily agreed, "No problem, it's just that Feifei and the others..." After the events with the red armored beetle and Diao Dingguo, the boy almost blindly believed in Andrew's strength.

Andrew thought for a moment and said, "Let them hide in the opposite building first. We'll go to the south to deal with those two bugs. It's actually safer here."

Diao Dingguo probably heard that Andrew and the others were leaving, and he desperately begged Andrew to take him along. Unfortunately, Andrew didn't even turn his head.

Outside the building is still pitch black, but occasional lights flashing from a distance barely prevent people from walking into walls. Relying on the night vision goggles, Andrew swiftly leads the group of five through the streets and settles the remaining two men and two women on the opposite side of the third floor.

To show his sincerity, Andrew took out three pieces of bread and said, "These two pieces, you four can share. Young man, this piece is for you alone. Although I, Andrew, am not a big shot, I keep my word. As long as you help me, I will definitely escort you to the military camp."

Andrew also introduced himself, but now it was apparent that these people's interest was elsewhere.

Starving for a long time, the sight of the fragrant bread in front of them was like a thirsty man encountering a naked woman. Their fierce eyes made it seem like they would have already grabbed it if they weren't afraid of Andrew's abnormal abilities!

To Andrew's surprise, the boy took the bread but didn't eat it. Instead, he carefully put it in his pocket. Although Andrew could tell that the boy was just as hungry as the others, the movements of swallowing saliva and shifting uneasily betrayed him!

After hiding the bread, the boy happily said, "Brother Chu, my name is Zhang Han, but you can call me han. Shall we go now?"

Andrew wondered, "Aren't you hungry? Shouldn't we eat something before we leave?"

The boy patted the place where he hid the bread and smiled, "It's here, I'm already half full!"

"Well then, let's go!" Andrew didn't want to waste any more time. Surviving was the priority now.

With han as their guide and Andrew's night vision goggles, the two quickly approached Hualian supermarket.

Through the night vision goggles, they could clearly see a scarab beetle wandering on the street, while another one lurked quietly inside the city.

Andrew suddenly felt a palpitation in his heart. The surrounding spiritual energy seemed to be fluctuating, but it quickly returned to normal. He checked for a while but didn't find any problems, so he didn't pay much attention. He didn't want to waste such a good opportunity!