Chapter 55 City Jungle

Under the protection of tanks and armored vehicles, Captain Du's elite team broke away from the crowd and headed towards Jinling City. Andrew was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up with them, so he took out his motorcycle and followed behind with Jack.

They hadn't gone far when Captain Du's team was attacked by the first wave of Red-armored Beetles. With a large amount of firepower and nearly forty awakened warriors, the ten or so beetles only caused a few soldiers to be injured and one ordinary soldier to die, without causing any major losses.

This turned out to be a blessing for Andrew, as he was able to replenish more than one shot of symbol of take in vitality with the ten or so beetles.

Along the way, there were sporadic appearances of a few beetles, which slowed down Captain Du's team. By around 8 PM, according to the map, they should have arrived at Kun City. What appeared in front of the troops and Andrew was not just a city made of reinforced concrete, but a mixed jungle composed of towering and unfamiliar plants.

The tall buildings were engulfed by these plants, with tangled and thick vines everywhere, as if they had suddenly emerged from another dimension overnight.

Andrew recognized these large trees, as he had seen them when he went to the bakery. They were incredibly tall and had never appeared on Earth before.

Inside, there was a pervading green mist, some of which emitted a faint light, but it was very secluded, like a monster waiting for people to come to it.

The military unit hesitated for a while before finally entering, gradually disappearing into the mist.

Andrew cautiously followed, biting his lip. As soon as he entered the city, he was enveloped by the surrounding green mist, but the mist didn't seem dangerous. The Six-Armor Elemental Symbol didn't react either, it just made people feel a little obstructed.

The noisy crowd had long been left behind. In this strange city jungle, everything seemed unusually quiet and ominous.

Some trees had branches that emitted a white light, with light fluff like dandelions sticking to them, floating in the air when the tanks passed by.

Other trees had bright red fruits on their tops, each as big as a television, emitting a dazzling red light.

Looking at these things, Andrew almost thought he had arrived at the lair of the beetles!

The roads had been cut into countless ditches and gullies by unfamiliar vegetation. Even tanks had to climb slowly. The sound of the motorcycles was too loud and easily caught the attention of the military unit ahead. So Andrew put them away and walked with Jack, managing to keep up with the military unit.

The once tall buildings were wrapped in thick vines, and some plants even extended directly from inside the buildings, revealing branches of different colors. The whole scene was like an abandoned ancient city from thousands of years ago.

The only thing that Andrew was somewhat familiar with was the chaotic cars under the buildings, and the corpses that could be seen everywhere. Many of these corpses had empty heads, indicating that there must have been Red-armored Beetles here, but so far, they hadn't seen a single one.

Andrew and Jack nervously followed far behind the military unit, occasionally worried that a Red-Shelled Beetle or other unfamiliar monster would jump out from the surroundings or above their heads!

People fear the unknown the most, especially during this period. Although Andrew had seen many terrifying scenes, at this moment, he still held his breath and cautiously observed the surroundings from behind a large tree.