Chapter 196 Crisis of Survival

In the Scholar's Pavilion, Aurum Aspire convened the elite of the Celestial Domain, stating, "For the moment of humanity's survival or extinction."

However, the elites were at a loss: "Now they are entrenched in the Azure and White Forest, and we can't get in at all. Yet, they can use birds to come and go freely and spy on us. Are we really helpless against those completely immune to the virus?"

"The Azure and White Forest has always been a forbidden zone for humans, even aircraft can't fly in. We used to be able to freely enter and exit with the help of birds, but unexpectedly, Sky Whisper has the ability to control birds. All the birds that flew in were captured, and we ended up losing our combat power." The Copper Division, responsible for the security of the Celestial Domain, has strong combatants, but now they find themselves powerless.

"Doesn't Silver Wolf's white falcon seem unaffected?" Auric Forest hesitated to ask, "I seem to have seen it flying out from there. Does the Silver Division have some secret?"

Everyone looked towards Silver Wolf, who, although present, usually remained silent. This time was no exception; he leaned against the window frame with his arms crossed, either meditating or lost in thoughts, ignoring Auric Forest's question.

"Master of the Pavilion, what do you think?" Auric Forest had no choice but to turn back to Aurum Aspire for help.

Aurum Aspire sighed, looking at Silver Wolf, who he had forcibly involved in every meeting but who was always mentally absent: "I've asked Silver Wolf. He says it's not a secret technique of the Silver Division but rather the white falcon's own ability. Right now, our main issue is that we don't know the plans of those in the Azure and White Forest, so our priority is to think of other breakthroughs."

Every day they met, with no progress made, and without even a glimpse of the enemy. Was there really an enemy, or was the Pavilion Master exaggerating? "Lord Aurum Aspire, you say Willow Wood is humanity's mortal enemy, traced from our mother planet. But our distance from the mother planet is not only vast but also unreachable in time. This history is merely recorded by the Scholar's Pavilion, unknown to most in the star domains, and even the Pavilion's members only recently heard you mention it. The crisis doesn't feel real to everyone. Are those gathered around the Azure and White Forest from the Sky Domain or wherever really a threat to human life?"

The Copper Division, due to its duties and a long period of peace seeking action, shared this sentiment of skepticism after a long period of readiness without significant developments.

Aurum Aspire was at a loss for words. The peace on Elemental Magnetic Star had been so long-standing that humans faced no external or internal threats. Now, suddenly mentioning a deadly danger that had yet to show any activity was indeed hard to believe.

However, for those who had awakened the primal gene memory, the pestilent virus and the relentless powerful forces were indelible fears etched into their genes, triggering the memory bank mechanism. Yet, merely triggering horrific memories was of no use. Two thousand years ago, humans could only flee; with their technological civilization now regressed, could they possibly have any means to counteract?

Fortunately, it seemed that only one unit of that force remained, lacking in strength and needing the help of Elemental Magnetic Star's natives. If it was just a fight against those natives, humans should have an absolute advantage, otherwise, no threatening competitive forces would have emerged over two thousand years.

"This is an alert from the spacecraft," Aurum Aspire had to invoke humanity's most revered and authoritative spacecraft to convince everyone, "You know I just came back from the Surface Domain because the spacecraft issued a warning. Silver Wolf and I went to investigate personally, and indeed, the spacecraft received abnormal fluctuations. I want everyone in Aurum House to be on standby, ready for combat at any moment, and report any new developments to the Copper Division immediately. Silver Wolf, as the commander-in-chief, will attend routine meetings and formulate battle plans."

Hearing Aurum Aspire's slogan-like speech became a daily routine for the staff of Aurum House, accustomed to it but puzzled why Silver Wolf, who never spoke or participated in discussions, was presented as the "commander-in-chief." Could he be a mascot? People snickered and dispersed, thinking it all a farce.

Aurum Aspire, massaging his temples, felt a headache coming on. Just as he was about to say something, Silver Wolf stood up straight and said, "Understood, I'll take the white falcon to the Azure and White Forest to have a look," before leaving. Aurum Aspire let his raised hand fall in resignation.

Not only could the white falcon freely enter and exit the Azure and White Forest, but Silver Wolf was also unaffected by the forest's special elemental magnetic field, thanks to his retraining at Pine Mist Mountain after falling from the Elemental Magnetic Realm, and, of course, the hardships endured in the abyss for ten years.

Night flying was nothing for the white falcon, as the skies of the Celestial Domain were always clear. The starlit, bustling human settlements contrasted starkly with the quiet Azure and White Forest. A gust of wind came, and with the wind's assistance, the white falcon soared upwards, like a meteor cutting through the night sky, leaving behind a dazzling trail of light.

Feeling the cool breeze on his face, Silver Wolf enjoyed the exhilarating sensation of riding the wind while gazing at the Azure and White Forest swaying in the wind below. Amid the intertwining light and shadow, rustling sounds, and dark corners, it seemed as if monsters lay in wait for unwary travelers to fall into their trap. But he was no lost traveler. Silver Wolf, expressionless, patted the white falcon's head, signaling it to fly towards the Azure and White Forest.

As they approached, the white falcon, seemingly excited by something, let out a clear cry and dove down. Silver Wolf, thinking it had found some interesting prey, looked down impatiently.

He saw a slender figure standing among low shrubs, its posture defiant and unyielding.

The white falcon circled, crying out in excitement. If not for the difficulty of landing, it would have rushed over immediately.

The figure was startled and looked up at the white falcon, its long hair dancing in the night wind, and its face glowing softly under the starlight.

Hearing the white falcon's call, Raina Grace looked back in surprise, her gaze meeting that of the man high in the sky, surrounded by stars, majestic and imposing.

His casual posture exuded a commanding power, looking down from above as if a deity overseeing all beings.

His long hair fluttered in the wind like black clouds in the night sky, his eyes deep and bright, as if adorned with the light of stars. His handsome face was expressionless, radiating an inviolable majesty.

He sat atop the white falcon as if the moon in the night sky, or a king of the heavens. His hand gently held the white falcon's feathers, guiding its flight.

Their eyes met across the distance, time standing still, even the starlight freezing into frost, creating a solemn and icy sacred atmosphere, as if a ritual was completed in their gaze.

Then, the man moved, pulling the white falcon's feathers to force it to a higher altitude. His actions showed absolute control, and the white falcon had no choice but to comply, its complaining cries fading as it flew further away.