Chapter 45 Elemental Magnetic Chaos

With WeeStick's help, Raina Grace safely landed at the cave entrance. Clambering in, the sensation of her head being heavy and feet light intensified. This was partly due to her mental and physical exhaustion, and partly because of the abyss's rejection of her.

Fortunately, she now had a relatively safe place to land, without the constant fear of falling. Feeling a bit secure, Raina was in the mood to eat something. She took out some nuts she had picked in the forest from her pocket. Thankfully, the shells weren't too thick, and she could crack them with her teeth.

As she chewed slowly, her thoughts wandered. The clothing from the Elemental Magnetic Star Domain was truly remarkable—warm, dirt-resistant, and with big pockets for storage. Though in a hurry, Flame Wave had managed to prepare some clothes for her before she left, but sadly, she had left them behind in the Free People's Tribe...

WeeStick interrupted her messy thoughts, rubbing its warm crystal eyes against the back of her hand, reminding her to channel energy. The energy purified under the guidance of Raina's blue glow was mostly absorbed by WeeStick itself—it seemed quite content and pleased. Only a small part entered Raina's body—she didn't feel much of it.

However, establishing a connection with the abyss during the channeling process gave Raina a sense of fulfillment. Yet, she was also influenced by the black element inherent in the abyss's elemental magnetic force, a gloomy and dark aura that seemed to entice the deepest desires of one's heart, an insatiable longing that only led to emptiness.

This interplay of fulfillment and emptiness unsettled Raina, and she gradually began to resist this form of channeling. It became an endless cycle. As long as they remained in the abyss, she had to continuously help WeeStick channel energy, preventing her from resting completely.

Raina poked WeeStick: "Can't you control the energy in your crystal eyes yourself? After all, it has become part of your body. Since your body can resist the elemental magnetic storm, why can't your crystal eyes do the same?"

WeeStick seemed to ponder for a while, then replied somewhat dejectedly, "It's no use. I don't even know how my body resists the elemental magnetic storm, let alone how to control the crystal eyes."

Raina also had no idea why she was repelled by the elemental magnetic storm in the abyss, but she had some new thoughts about elemental magnetic power. At least now she had a deeper understanding of the colors of elemental magnetic force, which she had seen before but did not understand.

"Do you know how you coexisted with elemental magnetic force in the Verdant Thistle Forest? I think the elemental magnetic force in the abyss differs from that in the Verdant Thistle Forest by having an additional black element."

This small amount of dark element continuously stirred the otherwise calm and peaceful elemental magnetic force, turning it increasingly violent and impulsive, resulting in the elemental magnetic storm.

But since Raina could filter out the dark element, it should be possible for something else to find and destroy it. It wasn't very powerful on its own and needed to cling to elemental magnetic force to cause trouble. Without it, it would have no resistance and eventually perish.

Since WeeStick could interact with the elemental magnetic storm—unlike her complete rejection by it—and the crystal eyes could stabilize a mass of elemental magnetic energy, if WeeStick could attract the clean elemental magnetic force to itself, then the remaining dark elements would be powerless.