Chapter 150 The Maze of the Past

In the Celestial Domain at Silver Wolf's residence, Jadelle suddenly came looking for Raina Grace: "Have you received any messages from Lord Silver Wolf recently?"

Flame Wave said he would be back soon, but Raina Grace hadn't arranged any means of communication with him: "I don't know how to send messages to the Surface Domain."

"The fastest way is through birds," Jadelle replied impatiently, "What about Lord Silver Wolf's white falcon? Didn't it go with him?"

"The white falcon stayed in the Sky Domain." Raina Grace noticed Jadelle's anxious demeanor, "Is something the matter?"

"I haven't received any messages from the leader for a long time. Those who went to the Surface Domain to inquire reported that they lost track of him after he entered the City of Benevolence. I'm worried something might have happened to Brother Aurum."

Moreover, the bird Silver Tan left with Golden Leaf hadn't returned any messages either. These people seemed to have vanished into thin air.

"They have all been through many trials; there's no need to worry too much." Separation from Flame Wave was normal for Raina Grace. Although she thought of him from time to time during this period, she wasn't overly concerned. This was just another episode in his life full of adventures.

Flame Wave had recounted his many adventures to Raina Grace like stories, with all the trials and battles beyond ordinary imagination. Raina Grace felt that much more was buried deep in his heart, unspoken. The challenges against fate he faced could only be slowly understood over time.

Seeing Raina Grace's casual demeanor, Jadelle was frustrated by her apparent ignorance but had no choice but to seek her help: "Don't you know? The City of Benevolence is considered the graveyard of human civilization and technology. The things Brother Aurum wants to revive are extremely dangerous. He might be trapped by something he has never encountered before, with no help from heaven or earth."

"The City of Benevolence is a graveyard?" This was the first time Raina Grace heard of it, "Isn't the City of Benevolence supposed to be a cradle?"

"Didn't Silver Wolf tell you? Well, such an important matter..." Jadelle deliberately paused, glancing at Raina Grace and whispered, "The location of the Elixir of Rebirth is where the human spaceship wreckage lies..." At this, seeing Raina Grace's face suddenly change, "Have you heard about the spaceship?"

Raina Grace was shocked; she hadn't expected the spaceship mentioned by the Pale Jade Tree to still be in the Surface Domain. Wasn't it supposed to have flown to the Celestial Domain after gathering energy from the Terra Grove and Sky Whisper?

"Wreckage?" She pressed Jadelle, "Why did the spaceship become wreckage? What happened? Weren't you all trying your best to restore it?"

"How could something thousands of years old remain the same?" Jadelle found herself making excuses under Raina Grace's intense questioning, "The spaceship was once the pinnacle of human civilization, so it's not strange to want to restore it. I guess that's why Brother Aurum went to the City of Benevolence."

Raina Grace watched Jadelle's expression and observed her elemental magnetic power fluctuations, noting she didn't seem to be lying.

Feeling pressured and uncomfortable under Raina Grace's scrutiny, Jadelle grew defensive: "Why are you staring at me like that? Since you don't have any news of them, let's drop it. Really, I thought too highly of you, thinking Silver Wolf would at least tell you something, but it turned out to be a waste of my time."

After Jadelle left, Raina Grace hurried to the Azure and White Forest, seeking confirmation from the Pale Jade Tree on some matters.

She guessed that "Jadelle" might actually be a Sky Whisper, but the Pale Jade Tree was unaware of how Sky Whisper became a real person; it was more concerned about the spaceship. "What? The spaceship is in the Surface Domain? Why, I remember we were carried up together by the spaceship, and then, we were... trapped here. I've lost track of how long it's been, humans come and go freely, but I can do nothing, growing weaker, until even hatred fades..."