Chapter 142 The Temptation of the Gold and Silver Sea

Raina Grace had intended to consult the Azure Phoenix about heading to the Gold and Silver Sea, but WeeStick had begun to resist the idea, not even wanting to mention it, let alone accompany Raina Grace to the Azure-White Forest.

Helping the Azure Phoenix cleanse the influence of the Elemental Magnetic Abyss was one of Raina Grace's main reasons for coming to the Celestial Domain. Even considering WeeStick's feelings, she felt she needed a justification: "I don't care why you're behaving this way towards the Azure Phoenix right now, but without a valid reason, I won't give up on helping it."

The story WeeStick told last time, about the Terra Grove evolving from the Ocean Grove, hinted at a devastating destruction the Azure Phoenix clan once wrought upon the Terra Grove, like burning down the Terra Grove forests. However, WeeStick's account was disjointed and unclear, leaving Raina Grace confused and skeptical.

"You said the Terra Grove and the Azure Phoenix have a symbiotic relationship, with the Terra Grove's reverence for the Azure Phoenix stemming from this. How can there suddenly be enmity between the two clans? It doesn't make sense!" Raina Grace couldn't understand why the Azure Phoenix would suddenly turn against the Terra Grove clan, on which it relied for survival and habitat. "Moreover, the original ancestor tree didn't seem to despise the Azure Phoenix. Instead, knowing my relationship with the Azure Phoenix, it entrusted me to take you along in search of the future for the Terra Grove."

"That's because we're different!" WeeStick rushed to explain, "I mean, the Terra Grove on the surface is different from the Terra Grove in the Sky Domain."

"The Terra Grove in the Sky Domain? Are there Terra Groves in the Azure-White Forest?" It was the first time Raina Grace had heard of this, but she immediately connected the dots, "So everything you know about the Azure Phoenix was told to you by the Terra Grove in the Azure-White Forest? That's why you suddenly started hating the Azure Phoenix, and it told you some terrifying things, as if you had experienced them yourself."

"How did you know?" WeeStick was surprised and somewhat troubled, "It's not that I didn't want to tell you, but they said not to tell others first. Their existence is supposed to be a secret."

But WeeStick, being a Terra Grove heart with weak willpower, what secrets could it possibly keep? This only meant that the "secrets" it knew weren't particularly significant, or perhaps "they" wanted to convey these messages to her through WeeStick.

These "secrets" reminded Raina Grace of the call of the White Jade Tree. Could that massive White Jade Tree be the Terra Grove of the Celestial Domain? It seemed that whether to help the Azure Phoenix or to stand with WeeStick, confronting the Azure-White Forest was a test she had to face.

Setting aside the matter of the Azure-White Forest for the moment, Raina Grace decided to try entering the Gold and Silver Sea first. She didn't want to remain stuck at the initial stage of the Gold and Silver Sea; besides, she had already invested too much time and effort there. Now was the time for verification. Success or failure would be up to fate.

Would the experience in the Gold and Silver Sea be as freeing as it was in the Endless Sea?

Only Silver Tan accompanied Raina Grace to the Gold and Silver Sea. As the keeper of the Spirit Fin, he wished to witness its use by Raina Grace firsthand, and also to be on standby—if Raina Grace needed assistance, he could offer it promptly.

"Are you sure you're just going to wait here for me?" Raina Grace had thought Silver Tan's escort of the precious Spirit Fin meant seeing it through to the end, yet he was only staying onshore. "Could it be that the Gold and Silver Sea is a place you cannot touch, hence possessing the Spirit Fin but unable to use it? Have you ever lent the Spirit Fin to someone else?"