Chapter 140 The Nuwa System

"As I think back on the disaster that nearly led to our annihilation, it's hard to believe we were able to turn the tide and achieve the prosperity we enjoy today!" Aurum Aspire and Flame Wave walked through the bustling streets of the City of Benevolence, looking at the youthful faces passing by and feeling a sense of long-lost vitality and renewal. Reflecting on the struggle for human survival in the past, Aurum couldn't help but express his emotions.

He also felt a deep pride in being one of the leaders who had led them through those challenging times, further solidifying his determination to restore the Nuwa System. Of course, besides him, Silver Wolf, who was the captain at the time, was an indispensable soul in leading humanity to find the Elemental Magnetic Star and settle down.

However, Silver Wolf didn't share Aurum's optimistic reflections. "It was just another struggle for survival, bringing about even more disasters." He wasn't intentionally contradicting Aurum but tried to offer a perspective from outside humanity's standpoint.

"More disasters?" Aurum asked, puzzled.

"Isn't it? Humans, as an invasive species settling on the Elemental Magnetic Star, definitely impacted the native inhabitants, some of which were catastrophic." They all had vague memories of the beginning and various speculations about the origins of the "Elemental Magnetic Star Domain," where humans eventually settled.

Aurum was dismissive of Flame Wave's humanitarian concerns: "Survival or extinction, did we have a choice? We simply did what was best for our species' development. Life continues through the struggle for resources."

Whether it was a deeper understanding of elemental magnetic power after its reversal or the experiences and emotional growth over time, Flame Wave felt that the events on the Elemental Magnetic Star weren't as simple as the law of the jungle. However, what had happened had happened, and if humans were indeed the victors of this survival battle, speaking now was just another form of arrogance.

Aurum, on the other hand, held a firmer stance on survival and racial development principles, his tone revealing a rational indifference: "The power of elemental magnetic forces has taught me a lot. Sometimes, when we can't cope or adapt, we have to change." For example, forcibly separating mixed elemental magnetic forces to suit human needs.

Flame Wave pursed his lips, not wishing to continue the debate. His gaze drifted towards the Celestial Domain, missing Raina's clear, vibrant blue eyes. A pang of pain emerged in his heart, unsure whether it was the fear of those pure eyes being clouded or something else...

"Of course, since we live on this planet, sustainability is the way forward." Seeing Flame Wave's distraction, Aurum's voice softened, offering a compromise and understanding, "Change is a way to adapt, but I also believe that we're not just adapting to the environment but also influencing and creating it."

Flame Wave forced himself to refocus, nodding slightly. Despite their differing views, he still respected Aurum's wishes for the development of their species.

"You brought Aurelia Leaf here; are you planning to act against them now?" He shifted the conversation to a more manageable topic.

Aurum had discussed the anomalies in the Elixir of Rebirth with Flame Wave, and Aurelia Leaf's role seemed like the best breakthrough point. "It's not easy to startle the prey from afar in the Surface Domain. I hope she doesn't disappoint me and can provide more valuable information."

Now, Aurelia Leaf, confined by Aurum in the Elixir of Rebirth, was in despair.

Although the Elixir of Rebirth was a place for new life, the theme of "rebirth" conjured images of dark and gloomy scenes, as if every corner hid a ghost waiting to seize a body to reincarnate.

Especially since the Elixir of Rebirth was a product of human high technology. Babies cloned through genetic replication developed in "capsules," but many "capsules" had long ceased functioning due to lack of energy, leaving only a few with faint energy reactions. The echoes in the vast space truly resembled will-o'-the-wisps or ghosts.

During her tenure as the head of the City of Benevolence, Aurelia Leaf never dared to stay in the Elixir of Rebirth too long, unable to bear the atmosphere. But now, she was forced to coexist with "ghosts," seeing illusions when she opened her eyes and hearing moans when she closed them. The terrified Aurelia Leaf occasionally wanted to shout for release but seemed afraid to disturb something, barely daring to breathe.

"Why not just ask her directly? She doesn't seem like someone who would sacrifice herself for others." Watching the pitiful, quivering Aurelia Leaf from the observation window, Flame Wave thought Aurum's approach was overkill.

"She's the type who keeps looking for ways to escape unless given a strong warning first. I have many ways to make her speak, but this is the simplest," Aurum commented sarcastically. "Now she won't hide anything from us."

However, the outcome was disappointing for Aurum. After interrogating Aurelia Leaf, she indeed spoke freely, but the substantial content was less than what Aurum had hoped for: "I didn't expect her to stay in the City of Benevolence for twenty years and still be clueless. I thought her relationship with Auric Forest would at least reveal more core information."

Flame Wave had anticipated this: "One operates without leaving traces, adhering to the principle that the fewer who know, the safer; the other habitually deceives herself, caring only about personal gain. When these two collude, they complement each other perfectly."

"Let it be, it was just a contingency plan anyway," Aurum wasn't troubled. "I have a rough idea of their goals, but their identities remain a mystery."

"Yet, identity is precisely the key," Flame Wave pondered. "Whether for fame or fortune, I can't see through their ultimate motive. From my investigation in the Sky Domain, whether in the Bamboo family's operations or the seduction of Jade Thistle in the Celestial Domain, it didn't benefit them but was shrouded in mystery. According to what I found in the Sky Domain, they seemed to have started something like a religious cult called Sky Whisper, pursuing something no one can clearly define."

"Perhaps the Elixir of Rebirth can provide us with answers," Aurum stated confidently. "That's precisely why I insisted you come."

"You mean to look for clues in the Elixir of Rebirth?" Flame Wave was still confused. "But what do they have to do with the Elixir of Rebirth?"

"It's not about their connection to the Elixir of Rebirth, but everything being related to the Nuwa System. We can seek answers in the memories before rebirth, where all human wisdom and memory are stored, offering perfect solutions to all questions." Aurum had great faith in the Nuwa System, viewing it as a treasure waiting to be utilized.

Indeed, the Nuwa System was a culmination of human intelligence, capable of generating life and possessing powerful computing and storage capabilities, thus enabling genetic replication. To maintain its operation, humans went to great lengths and paid a significant price. However, even now, it was only partially operational, with many functions unable to start, preventing it from fully "reviving" humanity as originally designed.

This was what Aurum aimed to fix, and also why Flame Wave felt it wasn't worth the heavy price. "Did something from Scholar's Pavilion give you the inspiration to repair the Nuwa System?" Flame Wave doubted Aurum's unwavering confidence, guessing he had some help.

After becoming the head of the Pavilion, Aurum accessed a lot of previously unimaginable information from the secret manual of the Pavilion's head, sparking his curiosity and ambition.

The incredible journey of humans through space, struggling on unknown planets, conquering greater forces... this vast narrative unfolded in Aurum's mind. The secret manual was like a door to an unseen world, leading him to a realm he had never encountered before.

The information in the manual revealed theories and speculations about elemental magnetic forces, energy sources, and even the origins of the Elemental Magnetic Star Domain. These fields, never before imagined, were once the grand narrative of his life; how could he not be excited?

"You'll see when the time comes!" Aurum promised.