Chapter 96 Flight Malfunction

Raina Grace had Azure Phoenix drop her off a bit further from the Celestial Balance Fortress, then wandered on foot in a flurry of anxiety. Her heart, which had pounded wildly upon seeing Flame Wave, gradually calmed down.

Everything happened so suddenly, Raina Grace fled as if by reflex.

For some reason, when she locked eyes with Flame Wave, eyes that seemed desperate for rescue yet devoid of hope, she felt as if struck by something. Had Azure Phoenix not been supporting her, she might have fallen from the sky, hence her panicked escape to put distance between them.

Azure Phoenix, initially tasked with her departure, complied with her requests without question. So, when Raina Grace realized she had chosen a secluded spot, Azure Phoenix had already disappeared.

What to do now? Raina Grace looked around, lost. Should she walk back to the Celestial Balance Fortress to catch the floater she had arrived in? The majestic fortress was easy to identify, but she wasn't sure she wanted to return to the place she had hurriedly fled from so soon.

Occasionally, private aircraft would fly by in the sky. Raina Grace watched the silver bodies with envy, with no hope of one landing to offer her a ride.

Yet, one of the aircraft began to wobble and descend, actually making a landing.

But from the noise it made upon touching down, it was clear it had malfunctioned and was forced to land.

Raina Grace stood far off, curious yet fearful, deciding to watch from a safe distance, neither too far nor too close, ready for either approach or defense.

Shortly after, the aircraft's hatch opened, and a person emerged, looking frustrated and squatting on the ground for a long while without moving.

After observing for some time, Raina Grace recognized the aircraft as similar to the one Flame Wave had piloted in Verdant Thistle Forest. Maybe all private aircraft in the Sky Domain looked similar? Seeing the pilot's irritability, she decided not to provoke him and was about to leave.

Without transportation, her only option was to return to the Celestial Balance Fortress. She couldn't possibly walk back to the Wood Alliance; she didn't know the way and doubted the journey would be safe.

What to do? Raina Grace glanced back at the aircraft. It would be a shame if it was indeed broken.

Perhaps out of boredom or curiosity about the lone woman in the wilderness, the pilot asked, "Who are you? What are you doing here all alone?" His tone was less harsh this time.

Raina Grace didn't know how to explain her situation, so she asked him, "What's wrong with your aircraft? Did it run out of energy?" She didn't understand much about it, but she had felt a sudden dissipation of elemental magnetic power when the aircraft landed, which was obviously abnormal. She offered her help to show that she might be of assistance.

The pilot became irritable again, "Isn't it obvious? Just go away and don't bother me, or I might hit you."

Raina Grace halted her approach. Why resort to violence over a disagreement, just like the aggressive people from his clan? But then it occurred to her that the aircraft might have come from the Celestial Balance Fortress, so this person could likely be from his clan.

Now, besides wanting to hitch a ride, Raina Grace had another purpose: to showcase her talent in material crafting to the clan, hoping to trade with them.

As Horizontina once said, she could integrate gold elements into materials, which meant she could potentially craft aircraft. Although she had rebutted Horizontina at the time, she decided to explore the possibility now.