Chapter 37 The Secret of the Valley

This was a very thick "stick," easily twice the size of the "crying stick." After absorbing the fruit, it emitted a light so intense it was dazzling. Raina Grace marveled at it, wondering how much commotion it would cause when it left.

However, unlike the other "sticks," it didn't rush out immediately. Instead, it circled in the air, "Huh, is someone there? Ah, there you are. Is this the reward I get for waking up?"

Raina Grace only realized it was referring to her when it darted towards her like an arrow. She quickly dived underwater to dodge its piercing attack.

"This human is so lively? Then I must not let them go." It hovered mid-air, ready to pounce.

Raina Grace knew it was waiting for her to surface. What to do? Even if she stayed underwater, it could dive in after her. And with so many "sticks" around, if she startled them, there was no way she could escape.

Sure enough, the "stick" grew impatient and plunged down, "Eh, not coming out? Then I'll have to come down!"

Raina Grace waited for this moment. While the thick "stick" searched where she had just dodged, she quickly moved to the other side.

There, the curious "crying stick," which had initially planned to leave but then stayed to watch the unfolding events, hovered low.

Raina Grace had already planned to use it to escape. She leaped up, grabbed onto the "crying stick" with all her strength, hoping it could bear her weight and not just cry.

It still cried, wailing, "Ah, I'm going to die..."

Knowing the strong stick would soon catch up, Raina Grace commanded, "Fly, leave this place now."

The "crying stick" paused, then shakily began to ascend.

Raina Grace was surprised at its obedience, as she had not expected it to listen without persuasion, and she didn't really know how to make it comply

The strong stick heard them and quickly followed, shouting, "You fool, stop! That human is mine!"

The "crying stick" didn't stop, instead speeding up towards the "tree wall." It seemed to truly obey Raina Grace's command to leave.

Raina Grace was anxious, unsure if she was escaping one threat only to dive into another. She didn't know if she could pass through the "tree wall" the "sticks" could traverse.