Chapter 158 Endless Sea Waters

Perhaps Willow Wood was another Sky Whisper filled with resentment towards the past, much like the Pale Jade Tree, forever unable to leave the Azure and White Forest. Raina Grace decided to have a serious talk with him.

Perhaps it was the destruction of the fin that left Willow Wood in despair, or maybe it was Raina Grace's recounting of the Pale Jade Tree's story that moved him: "So, the Azure and White Forest was those Terra Grove trees? They didn't disappear? They, like me, are also unwilling to give in?"

Yes, everyone is unwilling to give in. But within this tangled web of fate, who can clearly state who is right and who is wrong?

"You must be one of the survivors of that burning incident, well-acquainted with the situation at the time." Raina Grace asked, "I just want to know, where is that spaceship now?"

Jadelle mentioned that the Elixir of Rebirth in the City of Benevolence was where the wreckage of the spaceship lay. Therefore, Willow Wood, having observed from the sidelines for so long and with such intense interest in this matter, must know some unknown history. As for the other truths or their individual interpretations of history, those weren't Raina Grace's current concerns; she just wanted to find the spaceship and Flame Wave.

"You might have heard that the spaceship is now in the Elixir of Rebirth. In fact, the so-called 'rebirth' of the Elixir of Rebirth is powered by the spaceship." Willow Wood indeed knew, "We Sky Whispers also rely on this 'Elixir of Rebirth' to be reborn into humans, obtaining a more stable shell for our spirits."

Raina Grace, setting aside her amazement at human technological advancement and the shocking news of the Sky Whispers' "rebirth," asked, "Then do you know how to enter the spaceship from the City of Benevolence?"

"There's a special passage in the room of the City of Benevolence's lord." This information was gleaned by Willow Wood through the power of the fin.

Now that the location of the spaceship was known, without delay and with no other way to enter the City of Benevolence, Raina Grace decided to directly rely on Flicker Shadow's martial prowess.

Before reaching the City of Benevolence, Raina Grace spotted the figure of the White Falcon at the edge of the Endless Sea. "White Falcon!"

Raina Grace thought the White Falcon would immediately fly over upon hearing her call. Instead, it paused briefly before continuing towards the Endless Sea. Only Flame Wave could make the White Falcon so urgent.

"It must be Flame Wave calling for it, perhaps it's urgent. WeeStick, follow it, see where the White Falcon flies." Raina Grace hastily instructed, "Flicker Shadow, Lightning should be able to sense WeeStick's general location; you stay on shore for support."

Flicker Shadow agreed, then asked, "And you?"

Without looking back, Raina Grace ran towards the sea: "I'll swim over."

When Flame Wave and Jadelle escaped from the spaceship, they had already exhausted most of their strength; to rise from the sea floor to the surface, fortunately, Flame Wave had trained his swimming skills in the Pine Mist River.

But once he finally surfaced, he found himself amidst vast waves, in the middle of the water. He didn't know how far from the shore they were, nor in which direction the Surface Domain lay. Flame Wave realized he was no more powerful than a wave.

In the end, he had to try calling for the White Falcon, hoping it could hear him.

"Maybe you should let me go, then you could save some strength," Jadelle, who Flame Wave had been supporting to keep afloat, had no strength or skills of her own.

"If letting you go would allow me to survive, perhaps I would do it. But," Flame Wave gestured around them, "with no chance and hope now, all we can do is conserve energy and wait for rescue."

"You could save more energy without supporting me."

"Supporting you doesn't take much effort; it's answering your questions that's hard."

"Then I'll just talk, you don't have to answer. Anyway, I can't do anything but talk," Jadelle said with a bitter smile, "I never imagined, my Sky Whisper ancestors once lived in this Endless Sea, and now I can't even float."

"I really hope for a miracle now, that my ancestors—the Sea Whispers—would come to rescue me. But I know it's impossible; they have long migrated to the ends of the Endless Sea. When we Sky Whispers defected from the tribe, they said all future conflicts would have nothing to do with them. So, even if they knew I was in trouble, they wouldn't care.

It shows how different people are. You can still wait for your bird to rescue you, but I'm just hopelessly hopeless; Aurum Aspire might use me to power the spaceship, but you are willing to risk your life to save me.

So you really don't need to risk yourself for me, a worthless being. Aurum Aspire might not kill you, after all, you are human. And his idea of using me for power is far-fetched; how could I, a Sky Whisper transformed into a human, have such energy?

He thought eavesdropping on our conversation would get him the information he wanted, not knowing there's a huge flaw. If he needed information, he could have just asked me, deceived me with sweet nothings as before, and I would have told him. But why was he so heartless..."

At this point, Jadelle began to cry uncontrollably, unable to continue.

Although Flame Wave was resting with his eyes closed, attentive to the surroundings, he couldn't completely ignore Jadelle's incessant chatter beside his ear. When it came to Aurum Aspire, he took the opportunity to think about Aurum Aspire's motives.

Until now, he didn't know why Aurum Aspire suddenly attacked him unprepared. It couldn't have been to extract information from Jadelle, locking him and Jadelle together was simply because there was nowhere else to use. Of course, when Aurum Aspire discovered the room was designed to facilitate eavesdropping, he took advantage of this feature.

Besides, during their imprisonment, Aurum Aspire must have been preparing something. As for continuing to deceive Jadelle with sweet words, that's not Aurum Aspire's style. Aurum Aspire was kind to Jadelle before because he truly believed Jadelle was Jadelle, at least partly. But once he realized Jadelle was a complete Sky Whisper soul, Aurum Aspire's feelings cleared, leaving only exploitation of a foreign race.

When did Aurum Aspire discover Jadelle's true identity? Before coming to the Surface Domain, Aurum Aspire suspected that Auric Forest was behind Golden Leaf, but after arriving in the City of Benevolence, Aurum Aspire said Auric Forest was behind Jadelle, and Jadelle was not human!

So when Flame Wave was shocked by the remaining footage of the spaceship, and Aurum Aspire was only anxious to find a power source to start the spaceship, Flame Wave realized that by that time, Aurum Aspire had already possessed a lot of information, unlike him, who knew nothing.

Was inviting him to the Surface Domain premeditated by Aurum Aspire, or did Aurum Aspire spontaneously decide after arriving in the City of Benevolence or discovering something in the spaceship? Thinking this, Flame Wave could no longer continue.

Because he heard the call of the White Falcon, long and proud.

He breathed a sigh of relief, not expecting to actually summon the White Falcon. Then Flame Wave began to worry; the White Falcon couldn't carry two people, so only Jadelle could go first. But, Flame Wave didn't think he could hold on until the White Falcon came back for him... At this moment, he truly began to worry, amidst the boundless sky and vast sea, wondering if this was his final resting place.

Images of Raina Grace appeared before his eyes, missing her, especially after finally knowing she was the person he had been concerned about for so long.

With Raina Grace's reserved nature, would she quickly forget him if she knew he was gone forever? Aurum Aspire certainly wouldn't tell her the truth, even possibly... Right, if Aurum Aspire knew she was... Flame Wave suddenly came to his senses; he couldn't die here.

Rather than putting Raina Grace in danger, Flame Wave wouldn't mind being the villain for once, leaving Jadelle to fend for herself...