Chapter 51 Return to the Tribe

Although Arlinwood didn't say it, Raina Grace knew that she ultimately hoped to return to the tribe of the Free People. Raina decided to help Arlinwood fulfill this last wish and, in doing so, reestablish contact with the Free People.

As she was going to leave for a few days, Raina began to pack up the simple things in her crude hut. Despite its simplicity, there were some important items, such as the Azure Phoenix eggshell.

"Isn't this the eggshell of the Azure Phoenix?" WeeStick was fluttering around Raina, so when she found the eggshell that had been hidden under Arlinwood's bed, it noticed immediately, speaking in a tone of horror and disbelief, "Didn't you say you would leave it in the Abyss and not bring it out?"

Raina casually put the eggshell close to her body and said indifferently, "See, you're not afraid of it at all now."

"But I've told you, our Terra Grove clan can't get close to this thing. How can you completely disregard my feelings?" WeeStick lamented.

"I also told you that Arlinwood needs a sense of safety that can evade the Terra Grove clan," said Raina. "Otherwise, why do you think no Terra Grove has approached the place we've been living in all this time?"

"Because I'm here!" WeeStick said angrily. "It's also because of me that you've never been attacked by wild beasts. And it's because of me that Arlinwood forced you to agree to rescue those Free People. I'm telling you, I can't resolve the conflict between the Terra Grove and humans!"

"I know very well that a lot of it is your merit," Raina continued calmly, "And I also know you don't want me to take the Azure Phoenix eggshell, not for yourself, but for your people. You're afraid I'll use it to threaten them."

"You... you know all this?" WeeStick asked in surprise, then hesitantly, "Then... will you use it against the Terra Grove clan?"

"Yes, that's why I want to take it with me to the Free People's tribe," Raina answered.

"What?" WeeStick was both anxious and shocked, pleading, "Can't you just leave the Free People alone and not provoke the Terra Grove? We're fine as we are now, why..."

"WeeStick, how does your Terra Grove clan reproduce?" Raina interrupted, "I remember the Terra Grove die losing consciousness, and after hibernation, they are just the same spirit as before. How are new Terra Groves born?"

"Ah?" WeeStick was stunned, not expecting Raina to know these things, and replied in a disheartened tone, "There are no new Terra Groves. All Terra Groves were born in the ancient times and have been gradually decreasing until they disappear. So, we Terra Groves are destined to go extinct. We have no ambition, we just want to see more of this world before we go, or rather, we long to return to the times when we could move freely."

"In fact, you are like plants, with fruits," Raina stroked WeeStick's crystalline eyes, "Like this Elemental Ancestor Fruit core

"In fact, you are like plants, with fruits," Raina stroked WeeStick's crystalline eyes, "Like this Elemental Ancestor Fruit core. Why can't new Terra Grove trees sprout from it? Why must it be absorbed by the hibernating Terra Grove's heart?"

"Because just absorbing the flesh of the Elemental Ancestor Fruit doesn't result in a sound mind for the Terra Grove heart. Then, death is all that awaits us," explained WeeStick.

"What if you don't absorb it? Like you did at first. Didn't you say you originally planned to return to the Terra Grove tree to await the next hibernation?" Raina asked.

"Me?" WeeStick was startled, "At that time, I just wanted to try my luck. Hardly any other Terra Grove has done this, so I also don't know what I would have become if I hadn't been with you. Maybe I would have lost my mind before hibernation and never woken up."

"How is the Elemental Ancestor Fruit born? Does it appear every time a Terra Grove heart awakens?" Raina still remembered the fruit appearing out of thin air, rootless and mysterious.

"The Elemental Ancestor Fruit is nurtured by the holy land," said WeeStick, "The secrets of the holy land are beyond my knowledge."

"What exactly is the holy land?" Raina had always been curious, "I always felt it was a very large tree. Is the holy land inside the tree?"

"Yes," WeeStick nodded honestly, "That tree is the ancestral tree of the Terra Grove, from which, it's said, all Terra Grove were born."

"I see," Raina mused, "Can the ancestral tree communicate? Who knows the secrets of the holy land?"

"Why do you ask these things?" WeeStick panicked, "Although I've become like this, I'm still Terra Grove. I won't do anything to harm my people."

"I, of course, know you are Terra Grove," Raina smiled, "Your form is completely different, but your memories come from inheritance, the collective consciousness of all Terra Grove. You need to maintain the safety and survival of your entire clan. I understand."

"So, can you not use the Azure Phoenix eggshell?" WeeStick asked tentatively, "Actually, the Terra Grove are just afraid, it won't cause us any real harm."

"So what are you afraid of?" said Raina, "I'm just using it to protect myself."

"But, but if you don't go there, you won't need its protection, right?" WeeStick spoke hesitantly, "I will protect you here."

"Of course, that's not possible," Raina said, somewhat sadly, "Firstly, I hope to help Arlinwood return to the place she most longs to be. Although she hasn't said it, I can tell she always misses the tribe. Only when talking about the life and people there does she smile."

"Really? She never said she wanted to go back," WeeStick didn't understand, "I thought she hated it there. Otherwise, why would she run away?"

Raina sighed, "She ran to escape the possession by the Terra Grove, to flee a life she couldn't control. I don't fully understand either."

Human emotions are really complex, seeking closeness yet hurting each other, unclear about desire and love-hate, and even lacking a uniform standard for right and wrong. It seems a mysterious and elusive force drives them.

They pursue emotions but often fall into contradictions and conflicts, chase desires but can't control themselves. This pursuit may seem unrealistic, yet it also makes humans such rich and diverse beings. Although Raina often feels confused and perplexed by these forces, she also feels they are indispensable, a unique way of existence for humans.

Shaking her head to clear these unfathomable thoughts, she returned to the previous topic, "Secondly, remember, WeeStick, I don't want you to protect me

Shaking her head to clear these unfathomable thoughts, she returned to the previous topic, "Secondly, remember, WeeStick, I don't want you to protect me. The most important thing is to protect yourself first. Then, as friends, we will definitely help each other."

"Raina..." WeeStick was at a loss for words, "Actually, I know you don't need my protection. You are very strong yourself."

Strong? Raina didn't expect WeeStick to describe her that way. She just liked taking risks, maybe?

"And, maybe," she continued, "returning to the Free People's tribe, besides fulfilling my promise to Arlinwood, I also want to try to resolve the awkward relationship between the Free People and the Terra Grove... and Flicker Shadow. When I disappeared like that, I should go back and explain to him."