Chapter 17 Who Rescues Whom

Raina Grace was headed toward the Endless Ocean, and Flame Wave couldn't guess her thoughts. Frustrated and somewhat desperate, he didn't make much effort to follow her closely.

 Frustrated and somewhat desperate, he didn't make much effort to follow her closely

So, when he finally saw her leap into the sea from a distance, he was taken aback. He rushed towards the spot with several leaps, but by then, he could only see the waves crashing against the shore. There was no sign of her.

"Raina Grace, Raina Grace!" Flame Wave called out loudly, hoping for a response.

But, of course, there was none. He had clearly seen her jump. With the high waves and the depth of the ocean, she must have sunk immediately. Just like when he had sunk before, without a chance to struggle.

Flame Wave stepped back, taken aback. He hadn't expected the quiet girl to be so impulsive. Could someone really not bear to live because of another's death, to seek their own end? He had not anticipated this at all.

Was it his fault? Flame Wave clenched his fist, then let it fall limply. He realized he was powerless to rescue her from the sea.

In the Endless Ocean, Raina Grace finally encountered Ocean Bloom.

"I've decided. I want to go with you. You said I had one more chance," she stated.

"Have you truly decided? Did something happen?" Ocean Bloom, graceful and composed as ever, slowly unfurled her petals, her voice calm and measured.

"The grandmother who took care of me has died. There's nothing left for me on land."

Raina Grace was only worried about Granny Rain. Now, feeling utterly empty and unattached, she was eager to find solace somewhere. Deep inside, a voice that had always been calling to her seemed to be coming from Ocean Bloom.

Ocean Bloom didn't respond immediately, instead gently stirring the waters with her tendrils, as if observing and evaluating, waiting for something.

Raina Grace waited patiently, believing that what was meant to come would come, like the tide. She was willing to be carried by the ocean to any unknown destination.

Meanwhile, on the shore, Flame Wave decided to leave.

He had always disliked forcing others' will, even in death. Moreover, he had a particular weakness for water, especially the Endless Ocean. He tried to stay away from it, let alone jump into it.