Chapter 26 What Is Freedom

"Let's not focus on the name for now!" Wind Voice decided to use the recent events to try to persuade Flicker Shadow, "It's definitely true that she can shield herself from the Elemental Magnetic Net. Otherwise, with your recent interaction with her, the net would have been triggered already."

"It must be. I once saw a tribe member who merely spoke to someone from the Surface Domain from a distance, and it still triggered the Elemental Magnetic Net." This incident left a deep impression on Coiled Stone. They quickly abandoned that person, which meant taking extreme measures to prevent any leakage of information – causing their immediate death.

"So, she is destined to be one of our Free People!" This was the most important conclusion in the lengthy background laid out by Wind Voice and Coiled Stone.

Moreover, during the relatively long conversation they had, everything around remained calm without any signs of the Elemental Magnetic Net being triggered, giving them a clearer understanding – this girl must be special, even if she's not the "Mother of Shielding."

"Destined? How is it destined?" Flicker Shadow scoffed. According to them, it meant taking the girl back to their tribe, but Flicker Shadow didn't want to do this, as she would surely not agree unless forced.

Seeing Flicker Shadow's stubborn attitude, Wind Voice got a bit angry, and Coiled Stone even more anxious. But Flicker Shadow ignored them both, "Who would willingly give up a peaceful life in the Surface Domain to enter the jungle? I don't want to disrupt her peace."

"How do you know what she's willing or unwilling to do?" Coiled Stone said in frustration, "Maybe because of you, she would be willing? But you just refuse to try!"

"I can try, by asking her directly," Flicker Shadow didn't want to seem completely indifferent to the tribe's development – even though he didn't think the girl was that important to the Free People. But if she was willing to live in the Verdant Thistle Forest, he wouldn't mind, "As long as she's willing."

Coiled Stone's anger grew, "Are you joking? This is a matter of great importance for the future of our Free People. Can you take this seriously?"

Then, trying to calm himself down, "Are you angry at me? I know I've done some wrong things in the past, please forgive Uncle Coiled Stone for not being clear-headed. Once this big matter is settled, you can do whatever you want, I won't object!"

Flicker Shadow thought Coiled Stone was really clueless, "The man with her is very strong. Apart from her willingness, I have no other way to take her. Do you?"

"What man?" Wind Voice asked.

"A Fire Elemental Conductor," said Flicker Shadow.

Wind Voice and Coiled Stone fell silent.

After spending a few days in the Earth Realm, Flame Wave felt it pointless to stay any longer. He knew a friend in the Sky Domain who could probably help Raina Grace get an identity.