Chapter 69 Elemental Magnetic Power

Although Flicker Shadow did not understand Raina Grace's empathy for the Terra Grove tribe, they had long agreed on returning to the Free Folk's tribe. Even if he was reluctant to leave the place where he had just begun to feel a sense of belonging, he still understood that this belonging was solely because of Raina Grace. As long as she was with him, he could rebuild their warm spring cottage anywhere.

The inevitable sorrow of leaving was present, even though they were not parting. The memories of sweetness and warmth, the deep affection and comfort that their cottage in Verdant Thistle Forest represented, were at least paused for now.

"We'll come back after we've dealt with everything," Raina Grace assured Flicker Shadow, who seemed unable to get enough of her.

Flicker Shadow did not reply. Instead, he buried his head in Raina Grace's shoulder, gently nibbling at her scapula.

While Raina Grace felt ticklish and struggled to suppress her laughter, she was also uneasy about his silence. "Do you... still want to stay in the tribe and not come back?"

"No," Flicker Shadow immediately countered, "I will be with you. Wherever you go, I will follow."

"But that's not necessary. After returning to the valley, I need to go to the Terra Grove tribe, and there will be a lot of things waiting for you in the tribe."

"What could they possibly have? They spend their days either plotting useless fights or sitting idly, waiting for the tribe leader or someone else to solve their problems for them."

"You actually dislike how they waste their time. Why don't you teach them how to obtain powerful elemental magnetic power like yours?" Raina Grace suggested. "Isn't that what your hunting team has always been pursuing?"

"Teach them?" Considering Flicker Shadow's understanding of the Free Folk, he found it challenging. "The hunting team can roam the Verdant Thistle Forest because they have inherited a cultivation method. Unlike them, I do not rely on the Elemental Ancestor Fruit."

"But you have experience and practice in both methods. Can't you think of a way to modify it, so they can gradually wean off the Elemental Ancestor Fruit?" Raina Grace thought, hoping this would reduce the fear of the Terra Grove tribe.

"I'll try." Flicker Shadow always believed that if humans could independently gain strength, they could free themselves from the control of the Terra Grove tribe and focus more on their own development instead of resorting to underhanded methods.

"But your experience is unique. It involves your determination and other factors that even you are unsure of, so others might not reach your level. Don't be discouraged; we'll figure it out together," Raina Grace said, worried that Flicker Shadow would be disappointed.

"You seem to know a lot about elemental magnetic power. Can you tell what's happening with the power in me?" Flicker Shadow was indeed unsure. "I'm still full of doubts about my power. I don't know what I did right. Maybe it was just luck. Could it disappear as suddenly as it appeared?"

Raina Grace couldn't understand why Flicker Shadow was suddenly lacking confidence. His strength was always something he was confident in, built through relentless effort. How could it suddenly appear and disappear? Was it because of the recent attack by the colorful spider that nearly cost him his life, or was the spider's poison not completely cured, and he feared a relapse?

Flicker Shadow realized he had changed. He used to be fearless, but now he felt as if his strength and passion were restrained. He even began to fear that no matter how hard he tried, some things would slip through his fingers.

Looking at Raina Grace's worried expression, he felt a mix of sadness and helplessness. He was usually indifferent to others' emotions, but now he was constantly attentive to Raina Grace's feelings, almost like a slave to her emotions. Was this how it felt to be possessed by the Terra Grove tribe?