Chapter 116 A Temporary Visit to the Bamboo Family

As Raina Grace gradually erased the black elements surrounding the Azure Phoenix with her own elemental magnetic power, the flames regained their vitality and color, and the Azure Phoenix slowly opened its eyes. "Thank you, Raina Grace. I feel much better."

"But I don't know how much of this black element is still accumulated inside you; I can't clear it all for you."

Just like when she helped WeeStick to purify, Raina Grace felt as if she had fought a battle and had to retreat due to exhaustion, ultimately needing their own strength for a complete cleansing.

The difference with the Azure Phoenix, compared to WeeStick, was that the black element inside it had been deeply entrenched due to long-term corruption by the abyss, making it nearly irreversible. Raina Grace could sense the lurking dark power within the Azure Phoenix, ready to burst out at any moment of weakness.

"I can still control it for now," the Azure Phoenix slowly retracted its flames. "But let's not think about the phoenix state for now. If it weren't for you, the flames controlled by them would have burned me to ashes. However, their exposure from the shadows to the light marks the beginning of our direct confrontation."

"Right, we'll figure it out together." Raina Grace was still worried. "But it seems like you've been weakened this time, and you don't look well. Could they overpower you as this continues?"

"You're right, I am indeed somewhat powerless now. But the residual power of your elemental magnetic force is still present, keeping them at bay for the moment. This gives me a chance to recuperate." The Azure Phoenix spoke with a hint of despondence.

Raina Grace was concerned. "Then, once I've regained my strength, I'll transfer some more elemental magnetic power to you."

The Azure Phoenix smiled. "You can't be with me all the time, but a little help is enough."

"All the time? How about this?" Raina Grace, struck by an idea, removed the belt she had crafted and wrapped it around the Azure Phoenix's neck.

"What's this? It looks like a flame?" However, it was not hot but provided a gentle and warm touch. The Azure Phoenix felt as if its meridians were being smoothed, instantly revitalizing its spirit. "Is this your elemental magnetic power?"

"Yes, the Wishguard Girdle can store elemental magnetic power. So, it's filled with my power." The Wishguard Girdle was the name Raina Grace had given to the belt.

Not long ago, when the Azure Phoenix mentioned attempting its phoenix state, she stored fire element in the Wishguard Girdle as a precaution, not expecting it to be useful now. "Wear it, and draw from the elemental magnetic power inside when needed. Once it's depleted, I'll refill it. This way, even if I'm not here, you can use it to suppress the black element."

"Thank you." The Azure Phoenix nudged Raina Grace's hand with its head. "Come on up, let's leave this place."

Raina Grace glanced around; she had been so focused on purifying the Azure Phoenix that she lost track of time. Only now did she notice that a crowd had gradually formed. The woman who appeared first was standing at the forefront, seemingly the leader, watching intently, though no longer with her previous aloof demeanor.

"Alright." These people had come specifically for the Azure Phoenix, and although Raina Grace didn't know their intentions, she chose to follow the Azure Phoenix's wishes. WeeStick was already in her hand as she mounted the Azure Phoenix.

"Hey, young lady, wait a moment," Bamboo Jane called out, seeing Raina Grace and the Azure Phoenix about to leave.

Raina Grace paused briefly. Although Bamboo Jane appeared aloof, her initial action to stop Raina Grace from touching the black flames was likely well-intentioned. And now, seeing that they intended to leave, she did not approach aggressively but merely voiced her objection.

Thus, Raina Grace politely explained, "I don't know your intentions. But the Azure Phoenix doesn't wish to meet you. Since you won't leave, we have no choice but to do so."

"We merely admire the legendary Azure Phoenix and came to witness its grace; we have no ill intentions," Bamboo Jane earnestly sought to retain Raina Grace and the Azure Phoenix. "If you don't mind, our Bamboo Family will treat the Azure Phoenix with the highest honor. Of course, you too, Miss Raina Grace, will be our most esteemed guest."

Raina Grace was surprised. "You know my name?" Knowing about the Azure Phoenix was already impressive, let alone knowing her.

At this moment, someone interjected with a light laugh, "Miss Raina Grace is a distinguished guest of the Celestial Balance Fortress, who doesn't know? Now that the security officer is in jeopardy, would you feel demeaned by visiting the Bamboo Family?"

"Bamboo Lin, stop being rude!" Bamboo Jane scolded Bamboo Lin for her inappropriate jealousy, issuing a direct order, "From now on, you are not to interfere in matters concerning Miss Raina Grace."

Raina Grace was taken aback by Bamboo Lin's mention of "the security officer in jeopardy" but sensed deep hostility from the woman, doubting she would speak the truth. Thus, she held back her questions, saying, "Regardless of your intentions, if it's merely to admire the Azure Phoenix, you've seen it now. There's no need to invite it home; it belongs to no one."

After speaking, Raina Grace stroked the Azure Phoenix's head, and with a clear chirp, it took flight. Each feather on its body sparkled with emerald light, dazzling like jewels, forcing the Bamboo Family members to squint, yet unable to resist beholding the bird's splendor.

Bamboo Jane, always clear in her objectives, quickly devised a strategy before Raina Grace got too far, calling out, "Miss Raina Grace, don't you want to know what's with the aberrant flames on the Azure Phoenix? If it remains this way, it can't successfully undergo its phoenix state."

Bamboo Jane's words carried significant weight, and given her initial focus on the Azure Phoenix's unusual flames, Raina Grace could only believe she knew something. "Then, what about these flames?"

Bamboo Jane confidently answered, "It's the power of the abyss."

Raina Grace had no choice but to believe, and for the Azure Phoenix's sake, she decided to follow Bamboo Jane, though she intended to go alone, leaving the Azure Phoenix and WeeStick out of it. "Azure Phoenix, take me to the Bamboo Family, then take WeeStick back to Pine Mist Mountain."

"I don't trust this woman; she carries the scent of the abyss," the Azure Phoenix objected.

"Really? That means she truly knows about the abyss, and I need to go even more," Raina Grace said. "Don't worry, I don't think she'll harm me. Besides, I can protect myself."

Knowing Raina Grace's capabilities and acknowledging her adventurous nature, the Azure Phoenix no longer protested. "Then be careful. It's best to take WeeStick with you. If anything happens, I'll come to fetch you immediately."

"Alright." Raina Grace thought it over, considering WeeStick's small size and potential for sending a message in a critical moment, "I'll try to return as soon as possible."

After agreeing, the Azure Phoenix headed towards the direction of the Bamboo Family as described by Bamboo Jane—its sense of direction was excellent, and it disdained other birds leading the way. Out of natural reverence for the Azure Phoenix, all other birds dared not come too close, let alone match its pace.

Raina Grace, riding the Azure Phoenix, led the way with its cyan light shining like a star. A multitude of colorful birds followed behind, forming a magnificent cloud of colors.

The people by the Pine Mist River were stunned, gazing at the majestic scene in the sky, filled with awe. They had never imagined that the Bamboo Family's proclaimed "A Hundred Birds Paying Homage to the Phoenix" would actually come true.