Chapter 105 The Bamboo Family Patriarch

The Bamboo Family of the Sky Realm is renowned for its elegance and style, standing on par with the Academy and the Autumn Family in terms of scholarship and collections, each with their unique strengths.

The Bamboo Family has always prided itself on being above the mundane, disdaining worldly matters, hence rarely interacting with the outside world, preferring to be known through their works and grace.

The patriarch of the Bamboo Family, Bamboo Jane, is said to possess unparalleled beauty and independence, with very few having seen her, shrouded in mystery as if any description would be a desecration.

Thus, more and more legends describe her unique charm. In these tales, she is like a magnificent poem hidden within the quiet of the Bamboo Family, her every movement as elegant as the wind, every stroke of ink as captivating as her eyes.

Her appearance is likened to jade, pure as a white lotus, with slightly raised eyebrows and sparkling eyes, as if harboring millennia of wisdom and spirituality. Her smile, as refreshing as a spring breeze, is tender and enticing, bringing joy to all. Her gait, light as a bird's, embodies grace and dignity, resembling a proud bamboo standing atop a mountain, vibrant and full of life. Her speech, like a babbling brook, touches the heart, each word as immersive as a classic poem, making it hard for one to extricate themselves. She is the embodiment of art and wisdom, a master of painting and music, an unreachable peak, an untouchable snow lotus.

"You really know how to spin tales. Every time I come, the legends about you soar to new heights. Perhaps next time you'll have reached the realm of a fairy."

"Am I not already a fairy?"

"My mistake, you should be a goddess next time."

"To become a goddess, I'll need much assistance from the esteemed Silver Tan."

A unique pavilion stands atop a rockery in the center of the Bamboo Family's bamboo-veiled courtyard, like a white lotus soaring above the clouds. Here, Silver Tan and Bamboo Jane sit opposite each other, sipping tea.

The pavilion offers a wide view, overlooking the entire courtyard's beauty. Surrounded by greenery and mist, it feels like entering a fairyland. The distant mountains stretch endlessly, the blue sky and green bamboo reflecting each other, bringing peace to the soul.

A gentle breeze passes, rustling the leaves, casting dappled shadows across the serene courtyard.

"This place is truly wonderful." Silver Tan doesn't respond directly to Bamboo Jane but instead praises the Bamboo Family's courtyard.

Wind chimes hang from the eaves of the pavilion, their melodious tinkling in the breeze sounding heavenly. Through the pavilion windows, the view of the courtyard with its swaying bamboo and fragrant flowers seems like a paradise.

"However wonderful, it cannot compare to the majestic landscapes of the Celestial Domain." Bamboo Jane laughs lightly, her charm undeniable.

"You should understand the saying, 'It's cold at the top.' The Celestial Domain isn't as great as you imagine. After all, you've built the Bamboo Family into a renowned name over many years. Can you easily let go of all that?"

"I've managed the Bamboo Family for a single purpose. Why would I abandon my destination for the beautiful scenery along the way?" Bamboo Jane says calmly, though her words suggest otherwise, "Moreover, our efforts won't be in vain. The trees planted by our predecessors provide shade for the next generation. How many can climb the ladder we've built to reach the heavens?"

"Your ambition is not small, but it depends on whether others agree." Silver Tan scoffs.

"One's destiny is in one's own hands. Should we wait for others' permission?" Bamboo Jane counters.

"The question is, does this belong to you?"

"Why wouldn't it? Weren't we the first settlers here? If anyone's taking, it's them taking from us."

"You're becoming more and more obstinate. No wonder he's unwilling to see you anymore."

"Why bring him up? We were never meant to walk the same path. I'm tired of his elusive ways..." After a pause, Bamboo Jane casually inquires, "You've always been close to him, do you know where he is?"

Silver Tan hesitates, "He's trying to keep to himself; let's not disturb him."

"Ha, he's an oddity. It's not about us disturbing him; his actions have already harmed our collective interests. He won't escape accountability."

"You needn't worry. He hasn't done anything detrimental to himself or others; he won't be held accountable." Silver Tan's tone is casual, whether to comfort Bamboo Jane or genuinely unconcerned is unclear.

"Let's not talk about him. As for you, it seems your spirit has been dampened. Despite my many invitations, you never came. If it weren't for his direct order," Bamboo Jane points upwards, "would you have bothered to visit?"

"It's not that I didn't want to come, but the information you provided was always inaccurate, leaving me empty-handed. Oh, not entirely," Silver Tan snorts, "Wasn't it just an opportunity for you to promote the Bamboo Family?"

"That's nothing," Bamboo Jane dismisses, "A good wind using its strength to lift me to the clouds. You've always been our biggest support."

Silver Tan, never winning a verbal spar with Bamboo Jane, simply stops responding and walks to the railing to gaze into the distance. The intricate stone paths, meandering streams, ornate pavilions, and lush greenery, occasionally visited by cheerful birds, paint a peaceful scene.

Suddenly, a large white bird approaches, landing some distance from the wall.

"A white falcon?" Silver Tan is surprised, "Could it be that Silver Wolf has arrived?"

"Your esteemed disciple is now quite close with Bamboo Lin, often visiting." Bamboo Jane mentions, not without pride.

"Did you arrange this?" Silver Tan asks.

"Not exactly. It was her own doing, her persistence led to today's outcome. You know how your disciple is, hardly anyone catches his eye."

"Really? As far as I know, Silver Wolf hasn't pursued women for a long time. It's usually others throwing themselves at him. Would he really visit Bamboo Lin multiple times?"

"Bamboo Lin is not lacking either. You know, our inherent aura and qualities are hard for men to resist."

"But Silver Wolf is not just any man. He's one of the strongest-willed humans I've ever seen, hardly ever swayed by illusions."

"Then, maybe it's genuine affection. Bamboo Lin has put a lot of effort into him, practically ensnared. She's willing to do anything to win his response."

"And you're just letting her? Aren't you afraid..."

"Afraid of what? Living in fear is pointless. To experience love and hate, the thrill of power struggles, is the essence of life. We must embrace it all."

"You truly live life to the fullest." Silver Tan admires Bamboo Jane's zest, remarking, "Full of flavor and color."

Bamboo Jane laughs freely, her spirited beauty unmatched.