Chapter 43 Trapped in the Abyss

Hiding in the bushes, Coiled Stone threw a stone in his hand, chuckling twice, and then turned to walk back to the tribe.

Recently, he had been visiting the abyss more often, not because he wanted to return to the Elemental Magnetic Mainland, but due to an unclear desire: he wanted to see the Holy Maiden. He hadn't seen her in the tribe for a long time and believed she must be busily managing the affairs of the Free People's Tribe, straddling both ends of the abyss. Her bustling figure always brought Coiled Stone a sense of peace.

What Coiled Stone couldn't forget was the first time he saw the Holy Maiden, leaping through the abyss to Verdant Thistle Forest. Her determination and lightness were like a headstrong sprint, as if running into his heart. Her unique posture and strength were irreplaceable.

Therefore, when Coiled Stone discovered that someone else could withstand the Elemental Magnetic Storm from the abyss and freely cross it, he couldn't tolerate her existence and personally sent her to the bottom of the abyss. This way, the Holy Maiden became unique in this world again.

As for the girl who fell into the abyss after being hit in the head by him, Coiled Stone knew her. She was the one they had brought back a few days ago, and the one Flicker Shadow had been looking for. But what did it have to do with him? He only knew that they had brought her back with great hope, thinking she could play a significant role and bring him immense glory, making everyone, especially the Holy Maiden, look at him with new respect.

 But what did it have to do with him? He only knew that they had brought her back with great hope, thinking she could play a significant role and bring him immense glory, making everyone, especially the Holy Maiden, look at him with new respect

But what happened? The tribal chief personally exposed her disguise. She was one of those "Identity-less by Birth" being cultivated on the Elemental Magnetic Mainland by the Holy Maiden, not recognized by the Elemental Magnetic Net, nothing special.

Coiled Stone wanted to teach her a lesson and also create trouble for Flicker Shadow: showing no respect for the elder, let's see how he deals with you!

At the valley's entrance, he saw the Lightning Team returning listlessly and couldn't help but greet them cheerfully, "Isn't this the mighty Lightning Team? What, no gains today?" he mockingly looked around.

"It's none of your business, Uncle!" Red Blade sneered.

"How can you talk like that, boy!" Coiled Stone shouted. "Everyone in the Free People can care about anything in the tribe. Whether you patrol or train, it's not wrong for an elder like me to show concern or even give guidance. Who knows if you're just wasting time and resources? Young people just don't understand!"

White Lightning quickly intervened, "Uncle Coiled Stone is right. But what were you doing out today? Also returning empty-handed?"

Mentioning this, Coiled Stone glanced at Flicker Shadow with a smug and malicious look, "I won't tell you!"

Flicker Shadow, sensing something, stared at him, "What? Did you do something bad related to me?"

Coiled Stone panicked and denied, "What nonsense are you talking about? Why would I do anything bad? Forget it, I can't be bothered with you." And with that, he hurried away.

Flicker Shadow frowned in thought.

"He just likes to talk nonsense," commented White Lightning. He then said to Flicker Shadow, "But we should bring something back from our trips, so people won't talk."

Crimson agreed, "Right, we need to train, even if it's just for show, right?"

Flicker Shadow absentmindedly nodded and turned to walk back.

The remaining people exchanged glances. Wind Voice quipped, "Flicker Shadow completely ignores us."

Thorn Seeker said leisurely, "He has more important things to deal with. But, after two days of investigation, we haven't found any clues. Is the girl's disappearance as serious as Flicker Shadow says?"

"Now that I think about it, I was just scared by a corpse at that time. Maybe things are as simple as they seem on the surface," Crimson said, then laughed, "Flicker Shadow likes that girl, right? That's why he can't stop thinking about her."

"Really?" Heavy Cave looked at White Lightning, who had seen the girl, "Is she a cute girl?"

"Don't talk nonsense," scolded White Lightning, "Flicker Shadow hasn't realized it yet. He never goes to 'Joy Residence.' He doesn't understand love."

Heavy Cave laughed, "Yeah, such a naïve boy."

Light Wind asked eagerly, "But I want to go, I'm just not old enough."

Red Blade slapped him lightly, "You're too young, better focus on growing strong. Otherwise, you'll just get drained!"

After a laugh, Crimson rolled her eyes, "Hey, we're discussing serious matters, and you're thinking about something else?"

Red Blade laughed lightly, "I'll just do as I promised Flicker Shadow. It's only been a few days, and it's already not valid?" He then walked away without further delay.

Heavy Cave naturally followed Red Blade, and the others, finding it pointless, dispersed as well.

In the abyss, Raina Grace, slowed down by the Elemental Magnetic Storm, was falling at a controlled pace, waiting for WeeStick to catch up.

Initially hoping to use WeeStick's flying ability to escape the abyss, they realized it was impossible under the burden of a person due to the storm.

Thinking it would be good enough to land slowly, Raina found the abyss seemingly bottomless. After several near-collisions with the walls due to the storm, the best option was to find a slightly wider platform on the wall to land. Otherwise, either a fall or a collision would be fatal.

Finally, Raina managed to land on a large protruding stone, barely big enough for one person to sit. It was only possible with WeeStick exhausting all its energy. Now it lay motionless beside her.

Raina worried about the abyss's impact on WeeStick, as Terra Groves couldn't survive there

Raina worried about the abyss's impact on WeeStick, as Terra Groves couldn't survive there. She felt helpless, only able to stay by its side.

WeeStick's glow dimmed significantly and remained motionless for a long time. However, the Elemental Ancestor Fruit core on its head was still glowing, seemingly getting brighter over time.

Realizing the core was indeed brightening, Raina wasn't sure if it was good or bad. She cradled WeeStick, gently stroking its slender, smooth branches, feeling guilty for not realizing earlier that it also needed care. She had always assumed the Terra Groves, as kings of Verdant Thistle Forest, were so strong that she could rely on their power without a second thought, never considering the need to nurture them in return.